Help identifying a Jackson Rhodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying a Jackson Rhodes

I found a Jackson Rhodes and I'm not sure of the year I can't see any serial numbers so I have no way of telling what it really is. This particular guitar has a humbucker single single configuration and a khaler trem it is 22 frets with shark fin inlays if any one has any idea what kind of wood it is made out of or what year and model it is I would appreciate it

Can't see any pics. And it's Rhoads, not Rhodes.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is it a bolt-on?
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

HSS Rhoads isn't a common thing. A neck thru would have the serial on the fret board at the 22nd fret.
        Pics need to be posted on a site such as imagebucket or photobucket and then copy the link here.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

https://reverb.com/item/5429191-jack...calloped-white there is the guitars listing on reverb I did not realize the pictures did not go with it thanks!

Comment

And also I may have accidentally posted this thread 2 times because I thougt this didn't post

Comment

Yes it is neck through I posted the link to reverb on the bottom

Comment

Oh man. I can't begin to guess the origins or the story behind that guitar, but wanted to voice my agony seeing these horribly-cut nut slots:

Comment

Neck-thru? Seems like someone might have tried to mold a neck heel around what was originally a bolt-on. Or maybe it's a set-neck from another manufacturer. Look at the shitty extra filler around those inlays, too.
                  Also, looks like a neck humbucker slot was filled in? Or maybe that's just a shadow.
                  Screams cheap import with the cheap Kahler Flyer added. I don't know, just seems strange to me.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Looking at these pics.....something is not right about this guitar. It looks like it was frankensteined together.

The fretboard looks like it was badly replaced.

same with the nut and kahler locks

Doesn't look to be a true "Neck-thru" guitar.....check out the wood seam where the paint is worn at the joint

Looks like the Hondo headstock was cut off and replaced with a Jackson import head.

WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!?!?
                    ...and a Kahler Flyer trem????? Not factory from Jackson.....

My best guess is this was a Hondo/Yakima Rhoads copy that used to be sold from the sears Christmas catalog in the early 80's.

No way......well, maybe the pickups are worth $50, but that is a firewood guitar.....maybe good to smash at the end of a Kiss tribute show.
                    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                        + 1
                        “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

WOW

As for the nut, it seems to be installed "upside down".

Comment

Wow @voicex3 I really appreciate it! you know your stuff man

Comment

Working...
                            X