My collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My collection

I've been lurking here quite some time before I posted... trying to learn everything possible about Jackson/Charvel... and shred guitars in general.

Most of my collection has been "lawsuit era" MIJ Les Pauls... but I've been accumulating "shredders" recently, primarily Jackson and Charvel.

Here's my collection thus far of them.

What do you guys think?

(btw, I know the Les Paul might not "fit", but it's a LP with a Kahler and locking nut and it was begging for inclusion!... SO what the heck!)

Sweeeet, that's a really nice group Supah, thanks for sharing

Comment

Very cool group!

Comment

I certainly wouldn't mind having a few of those to call my own! Nice collection

Comment

Great harem you've amassed there! Welcome!

Comment

That lacewood Charvel is the tits.

The Ibanez RG on the very left, is that an RG570, pre-1993, in jewel blue? What pickups are in that?

Comment

All kinds of nice stuff.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Yes, it's a 1992 RG570

http://ibanez.wikia.com/wiki/RG570_(disambiguation)

I believe it's the US market model with the V7/S1/V8 set

Comment

Hehe, funny how many Ibanez guys would actually prefer the V1/S1/V2 set. Why do your pickups have yellow bobbins though? That's why I wondered about what pickups were in it, guessing they were aftermarket. I have two stock RG570s but they're from 1998 and 2000.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure which set it is

is this logo a '1' or a '7'?

definitely an Ibanez pup thogh

what's the deal with yellow bobbins?

is it a 'rare' Ibanez thing?

considering the logo on the neck pick up and the seller did say the pick ups are original I'm not sure what to make of the yellow bobbin ... and if they weren't typical for this model?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4nb3kjd4m...%20AM.jpg?dl=0

Comment

Yup that's a V1. I'd venture a guess your guitar actually has the V1/S1/V2 set.

V1:

V7:

Since your bridge humbucker is missing its V2 label, I'd guess that the outside bobbins on both your neck and bridge pickups are cosmetic replacements. Did you buy the guitar used? Possibly the previous owner added those yellow bobbins. Curiously though, your middle pickup is missing the S1 label too, but its bobbin might also be replaced with a glossier black one because its shade of black looks different than the black bobbins on your neck/bridge pickups.

Comment

Niiiice \m/ collection man! I've added a few more to my arsenal as well...I'll have to get some updated pics.
                        \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Is that an SL2Q MAH front row, far right?
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Thanks SO much for the info

yea, that stylish '1' could easily be mistaken for a 7

not sure why I concluded 7

i looked back at the Reverb ad and it makes no mention

i think I might have inferred (incorrectly) because I saw one with the S1 etc set that did not have the yellow bobbin, so I figured must be the alternate set - explaining the yellow- not realizing that the yellow was anomalous to BOTH

i was thrown off by the ad since iirc it said all origibal

either way, it is a GREAT guitar

im a huge fan of Ibanez in part because my first real guitar was a 1980 AS200 I bought in 1985 they is extraordinary

i prefer it to the ES335's... as does Scofield

thanks for squaring me away

by the way the chatter I read on a few websites give me the impression that people far prefer the V1 set to do the V seven set so I guess I got lucky but either way it sounds great

Comment

I believe it's the SL2QM - Alder body quilt maple top

it is my only Indonesian made guitar and by coincidence - the only one with serious issues

The fact that it got out of the factory and made it to a store with the defect it had makes me have no faith in that factory's quality control

The bridge posts and hence the bridge were installed skewed just slightly towards the higher side which meant that when you were playing it , annoyingly the high E string could easily slip off the edge of the fretboard

Out of close to 100 guitars I have bought online it's only one of two that I had any sort of issue that was not extremely minor

my experience with Fujigen, Japanese factories in general, as well as several Korean factories has been stelkar

I know in the case of Reverend Guitar's they are made in Korea just like PRS is and before they distribute them they are sent back to the Reverend factory and one guy Zack goes over them and make sure there's nothing wrong

i thus lost confidence in the Indonesian made Jacksons - which is no big inconvenience - I buy mostly older stuff anyway

It's just an absurd a flaw and no reasonably confident guitarist could sit down and play it for more than a minute and not recognize that it was clearly made with this huge flaw and unlike say a TOM Or AOM or floating bridge like most of my Gretsches where I could just file another saddle to the side since there's plenty of space there's just not really anyway to do that with a Floyd Rose and I had to have a Luthier fill in the posts, redrill etc

he did a masterful job and gave me a darn good price considering how much work it must've been and I realize it's just a single example but it left a bad taste in my mouth and I won't be buying any of those guitars and furthermore I've checked on the forums and I've seen more than one person having this problem

Comment

Working...
                              X