No announcement yet.

Jackson Professional Soloist or Fusion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Professional Soloist or Fusion?

Hey everyone, just joined the group! I just score a Jackson Professional and I am not sure if it is a Fusion or Soloist. It has one humbucker , 2 single coils, a Floyd Rose that says made in Germnay buy Shaller, and a strange toggle switch that gives it a wah like effect. Ebony fretboard white white binding. Serial number is 900820. Anyone out there know what this is and where it was made? I'm assuming Japan. I have photos but I don't see an option to attach them.

Sounds like a 1990 Fusion. Made in Japan.

Also, Soloists are neck through guitars. Fusions have a bolt on neck.
    -Rick

Comment

That's a Japanese 1990 serial if from a Fusion, which it definitely sounds like you have. 1990 was the first year for Japanese imports and those PRO's with the ebony board and Schaller JT590 trems are comparable to the USA's of that era which had practically identical specs. Quarter sawn neck, pearl inlays/logo, Schaller, ebony, Gotoh Jackson tuners.

The Fusion/Soloist/Dinky all have the Dinky body shape, but the Dinky is bolt on, the Fusion always 24.75 scale as opposed to Jackson's standard 25.5, and the Soloist, as mentioned, is neck thru body.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Thanks, appreciate the info!

Comment

Working...
          X