No announcement yet.

Help with Jackson RR1 history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you search 'pile o skulls' in the search box above you'll get a list of threads...if you already haven't.

May be some useful info mentioned if you search.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Think it is the same as https://reverb.com/ca/item/2696338-j...escription-tab it is very similar, but different in a few ways, so hand painted ill suppose. Still have no idea why it got a custom serial.

Comment

This isn't uncommon.
        Just a few weeks ago I was inquiring about what appeared to be a standard, mid-2000's DK1 with a Lightning Sky graphic.

When I asked the owner, who's first language was French, does it have a Custom Shop logo and a CS serial? He simply answered 'yes'.
        Never got to the bottom of that because he backed out.
        May have just been a miscommunication in my case, but there have been Customs on these forums that didn't show any obvious 'CS' specs.

You have a CS logo: that would add a noticeable amount to the value over a production model in most cases in my opinion.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by sarlucic View Post
          Think it is the same
          Yes, I missed that. Very hard to locate them.

Comment

RR2772 has no CS logo either but it was made between July - December 1996 and in Denmark December 1996 new ready for me.

Otherwise since it was made to a PCS original Rhoads specs it would have had PCS2772 instead I believe.

I only had a 1993 catalog to go by in 1994 when the idea of what Jackson I wanted was planted in my mind. It drove me nutz 2 years later so I finally took action and did the order for what became RR2772. I also fund a job to pay the price.

That guitar on that page I said over the phone and that was it to get it going here from Denmark.

So was it in stock somewhere since 1993 or did Jackson have to produce 1 for the customer? In my case they did that.

If your Jackson RR is not the select stock pile of skulls and so forth in details it most likely is a custom shop as being in stock at the time of order is not very likely if it was 1994-95 that was done.
            Last edited by RR2772; 03-11-2017, 02:55 PM.
            What Is Paying For Your Passion For Being A Guitarist?

Comment

Believe it or not, some people actually did pay Custom Shop prices for something as simple as a pickup swap.

Also it looks like it has Jumbo frets instead of Medium Jumbo, which would have been the standard production spec.

As for the "only built by customer specs", they did make quite a few of their own volition to send to dealers and distributors so people could see and feel them in shops across the country. Ideally those were only to be used for in-store demos, and interested parties would then fill out an Order Form, but I'm sure most stores sold the one they had and just ordered another.
              And then of course they built guitars for NAMM which were not ordered by a customer.

And it wouldn't be all that odd to find a NAMM guitar in Sweden, since it would also be used at Musikmesse (basically Euro-NAMM), and sold to a dealer there.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Is there any way to check if you got jumbo frets instead of medium? any measurements? Also, now i've just have to figure out a price, the guitar is in good conditions except the big and small V got some paint damage so you can see some of the white underneath and they are not as sharp as they once were. Pretty standard for V-guitars that been used on the road. But I don't know how many 100s i should substract from the price because of it. But thank you everyone, you all have been so nice and such a big help!

Comment

Price can be tough to determine and opinions will vary. North American prices will no doubt be lower than other countries because the market is full of great deals, especially if you're patient.

I'd say with the Custom Shop serial, in players condition, US dollars, $1500-1800. Without the CS serial those guitars can be had in the US in the $1000-1500 range easily, oftentimes in great shape.

Even with the CS serial, without any documentation including the 'Custom' specs, it may be a hard sell getting CS prices. A lot of guys, me included, would like to see the CS headstock logo if CS prices are involved, especially on a model that appears to be a pretty standard, production-model-looking Rhoads.

Comment

Yeah, having the hardest time with it. There is one add here in Sweden, and it is around 2200 usd for a standard US select series, which is in better condition than mine, but nothing spectacular at all. But the market is so much smaller. I guess Ill just start high and work my way down if needed. With adds on Reverb and on local pages.

Comment

I think the situation for used USA Jacksons are similar in Sweden and the US. They can be had really cheap over here as well.

Prices have been lower than ever in the last few years, and it's nearly impossible to sell them for the prices that some people are asking at blocket.se right now.

IF they manage to sell anything in the 20000 SEK range, more power to them, but I have a hard time seeing that happen, unless someone is either desperate or just doesn't know any better.

You have a great instrument there, but the problem with the graphic guitars is that the market is insanely small, like you said.

I had a '94 Lightning Sky RR that was impossible to sell. I ended up trading it for two brand new BC Rich NJ Jr. V's with the Musikbörsen store in 2007. Worst deal I've ever done, but that's another story, haha!

Good luck with the sale anyway!
                      https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                      X