Newbie introduction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie introduction!

Hi there! I joined the forum a few days ago looking for info on a new find, and I just wanted to say hello. I'm really enjoying the forum as well as my new old Jackson, so I will probably hang around rather than just collecting my info and ducking out lol!

My new old JJ is my first Jackson but I have been a fan of the brand for a long time. I came up in the 80s and it seemed like all the guitar kids in high school were playing an entry-level Jackson through a Gorilla haha, so I remember Jackson nostalgically even if I never had one.

I'm not really a metal player or a shredder, so Jackson may not seem like an obvious choice for me, but I find the fast necks and jumbo frets just make everything easier and improves my performance even though I'm more of a chord-based rhythm player and it's indie garage stuff I play.

I've always played SGs but I needed some sort of shakeup in my routine and the JJ has been great. It's changed my playing a little and I think the next batch of songs will be influenced by how it plays and the directions it's taking things. I see another Jackson in my future. I got lucky on the JJ, stumbling across it for an insane price. I'm hoping to acquire a KV at some point and I'd really like a Rhoads Minion (I love short-scale guitars). I mostly purchase used guitars and I enjoy fixing up old beaters sometimes.

Anyways, that's me. Nice to meet you. Look me up if you're ever in Southwest Georgia. Happy picking!

Comment

Lucky kids! All '80's Jacksons were USA made.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

I think it's what the music store (singular) in my small town carried lol!

Comment

Fast necks and jumbo frets can work for any music.
          Good for you and welcome!
          Jackson is mostly under appreciated and reasonably priced, especially the 80's stuff.

Comment

What year did the mid and entry level Jackson imports first appear anyway?

Welcome!

Comment

1990 was the year the first Jackson imports were released.
              96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Welcome! I've been a Jackson fan since the late 80's. I was in high school and they were unobtainable to me at the time. We were poor as shit.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Nice guitar, I have never seen a one hum JJ before except the five string JJ5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                    1990 was the year the first Jackson imports were released.
                    1986-1988 were the Charvel Model Series
                    1989-1991 were the Charvel Toothpaste Logo Series
                    1990 is when the Jackson Professional Japanese guitars came out.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Merry Christmas!
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Welcome dude!

Comment

Thank everyone! BK, yes the JJ is apparently a rarity. I love it.

I think the kids I knew in HS that played Jackson's probably had the 90 imports. I would have been 16 so that seems about right. I didn't pay close attention, was a keys player back then, but the guitarist in my little garage band played some sort of Jackson. He worked at the music store and it was a special guitar for him. They were popular in my town.

Hope all is well in Jackson Nation! Shred heavy! Peace!

Comment

Welcome! This forum is the best place for J/C info, for sure!
                            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                            X