Jackson Randy Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Randy Rhoads

Hello I am a guitar collector and need help. I can identify the year and model type on all my other guitars but my Jackson is throwing me for a loop. I called Jackson themselves and they told me to come to this thread. Can anyone please help. I have a Jackson randy rhoads with serial number 081985 or 061985. It was sold to my father as an RR1. Any help would be really appreciated. It is not a bolt on either it is a through neck.

That serial stamped on the fret board of a neck thru import generally means made in Japan in either 2006-06xxxx or 2008-08xxxx.
    I'm thinking it may be an RR5 if it has a tune-o-matic string thru body bridge, shark fin inlays, 22 frets, no neck binding, rosewood board and a pickguard with 3 knobs.

Be careful when googling the RR5 to compare your guitar to as to not confused the Japanese RR5 with the recent Indonesian made RRT-5 which has neck/headstock binding and an ebony board.

If the specs are the same as above, but it has a tremolo, it'd be the RR5FR. I'm only guessing. Do you have a pic?

If it's not the RR5, try listing the specs.

Assuming it doesn't have 'Made In USA' on the headstock, I expect it's not an RR1. An RR1 would have a Uxxxxx serial stamped on an ebony fret board and a pearl Jackson logo.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
    X