Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson info?

Hey all,

I have a Jackson kelly that I bought used. The serial number is ICJ1352462. I would love to know more about it. I called Jackson up and they couldn't tell me anything about it. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

-Mr. BigStrings

All that can be gained from the serial is made in China in 2013. The model can't be determined with a serial alone.

If you could post a pic it would be quick to identify the model. You first need to load your pic on a site such as photobucket or tinypic and then copy the link here.

Or, a very detailed description.
    # of frets?
    # of knobs?
    pickup configuration?
    sharkfin inlays or dots?
    tremolo or ??
    body shape: Strat, Explorer, V, Rhoads, Warrior, other?
    archtop or flat top?
    reverse or standard headstock?

edit: Ok, it's a Kelly.
    ...so, it may be a JS32 if it has a tremolo, or a JS32T if it's a string thru body TOM bridge.

There was also an X series KEXTMG that was made in China. They had a string thru body. Not sure if the KEXMG with a Floyd was included or not.
    Last edited by Mudlark; 12-16-2016, 11:41 PM.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

It has a floyd rose system, 24 frets, 2 knobs, two covered emg humbuckers, sharkfin inlays, flat top, neck through, and a standard headstock. white with a black bevel. If I had to guess, I would assume it is the x series. I've played the 32s and it doesn't feel the same.

Comment

Yeah, that would be the KEXMG. JS series aren't neck thrus.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

My apologies, I'm getting old...that's an Indonesian serial for 2013. Chinese serials have a 'C' prefix not an 'I'.

My understanding is that the 'C' in those Indo serials is for the Cort factory.

Comment

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
            X