Inlay color change on KV Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inlay color change on KV Pro

Hey guys, so, I've never really liked the aluminoid/silver/whatever inlays on my Jackson King V Pro. So, I wanna put on white stickers on it. I love the Jackson sharkfin inalys, BUT, I don't like the colour. So, I checked E-Bay. Did not get a bunch of options, as I was originally hoping for. I wish to go with a Mother of Pearl or white kinda theme. Like the USA made Jacksons. Any experiences or opinions? Here are the links! I think there was a wider selection earlier. But, here's all I could find >_>

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Shark...0LjPNov1tQ9Xrg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fret-Markers...16.m2518.l4276

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharkfin-Sha...16.m2518.l4276

Thanks in advance to the replies!

I used sharkfin sticker inlays from a company in California for about a year. They served the purpose.

They held up ok, but after a year the edges of some of the stickers were starting to wear a little. The ones I used wouldn't have lasted a lifetime, but they'd probably be alright for a few years under light-moderate playing times.

I eventually removed them, but the sticky residue wasn't easy to remove.
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
      I used sharkfin sticker inlays from a company in California for about a year. They served the purpose.

They held up ok, but after a year the edges of some of the stickers were starting to wear a little. The ones I used wouldn't have lasted a lifetime, but they'd probably be alright for a few years under light-moderate playing times.

I eventually removed them, but the sticky residue wasn't easy to remove.
      If that's the case, and the sticky residue is bad, I think I'd rather not have the stickers >_> I don't want any damage on my guitar at all. And, I plan to play it a lot (like I am playing nowadays), so, heavy playing!

Comment

That was my experience, but the examples you offered were a different product.
        The residue did come off, but I forget what I used to get it off.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Then I'll wait for some input by other members. Hopefully, I'll be able to get that USA Jackson look. By the way, if anyone has played both, a USA KV2 and a KV Pro, how do they compare in build quality, sound, feel? On paper, they seem to be the same. Alder body, maple neck through, Ebony board.

Comment

I have not played a KV USA or a pro but I have played a USA Rhoads and a Pro rhoads. The difference is immense. The USA's are so smooth. It's really different. But this isn't to discredit any Pro Series models. But the USA's are just that great.

Comment

Originally posted by tyryny View Post
              I have not played a KV USA or a pro but I have played a USA Rhoads and a Pro rhoads. The difference is immense. The USA's are so smooth. It's really different. But this isn't to discredit any Pro Series models. But the USA's are just that great.
              I can't wait to own my own Custom KV...

Comment

Working...
              X