Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there Jackson Warriors without bevels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there Jackson Warriors without bevels?

I swear I've seen RRs and KEs without bevels before, but what about Warriors? Any pics to share? Thanks!

I thought when the Warrior first came back, the XT or whatever it was, that didn't have a bevel at first.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think I've seen a couple custom shop warriors without bevels, not sure about any production models though. Here's a pic of a custom shop that I have in my library - might be a JCF member's guitar IIRC.

Comment

That is so badass! Exactly what I hoped to see, and it's enough for me to simply know it's possible and that there are already existing examples. Thank you!

Comment

That Warrior looks so much cooler without the bevels. Too bad there's not an option (without bevels) in the Custom Shop order form.

Comment

Looks pretty neat with the binding and no bevels. Probably sucks on practicality because it would dig into your forearm while playing.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I actually was looking for that picture to post but couldn't find it.

The bevel does add a little comfort if you're sitting, but if you're standing you're not likely to notice, just because of the position of the wrist against the body when you're sitting as opposed to standing.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmiceddie View Post
                Too bad there's not an option (without bevels) in the Custom Shop order form.
                That's too bad. It seems like less work, just sawing a flat slab in the shape of the Warrior silhouette without needing to carve bevels into it. Oh well...

Comment

Huh? There is an option for this - it's called having a "flat top" or non-beveled body. And it's typically done with added body binding. (I've got a pair of custom shop Kellys like this.) Unfortunately, it's currently a masterbuilt-only option, not available on custom select orders. ...And, strangely enough, Jackson has done several custom select Kelly special runs exactly like that, but still lists it as a MB option.

IMHO, flat tops with body binding are just very classy. Works especially well with trans tops and solid colors, just like a LP. Beveled bodies were definitely an 80s thing. As far as feel, it doesn't bother me in the least. Sure, there's a harder edge there on your forearm, but it's not uncomfortable, per se. Just a little different.

Comment

I'd bet you can get any one of a number of manufacturers to make you this on alibaba....of course it might say Jaksun for the logo, but no big deal right?
                    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jack...7195773072377/

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 02-26-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

That's cool!

"Jackson Charvel Guitar Group" on Facebook.. is it a breakaway group from the JCF Facebook group?
                        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

There are quite a few Jackson/Charvel-related groups on Facebook. To my knowledge, there are two that are considered true JCF (one for regular discussion and the other for classifieds). Generally, the more knowledgeable groups with more well-considered responses tend to be run by actual JCFers.

Some of the other groups that aren't affiliated with JCF tend to be populated by people who seem to pride themselves more on the speed and quantity of their responses rather than the accuracy of the content of their responses. I am mostly there for any possible eye candy rather than wisdom. It's difficult to take those groups seriously when you read random inaccurate answers like "Dude, the JS Series were made of swamp ash, bro!" There is also a lot of derailing in some of those "wild west" groups...

Speaking of derailing, since I started this thread, I'm going to slightly derail my own thread. That black Warrior with gold hardware is so classy and reminded me of my 1990 ESP Mirage Custom neckthru that I purchased a couple weeks ago. I still haven't fully revealed it to the JCF because it's not quite ready, but I'll post one teaser photo.

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 12-16-2016, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the lengthy answer!!

Holy shit, that ESP... Those early Mirage Custom ESP's are amazing guitars!
                            https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

I stumbled on what that black-and-gold Warrior is! It was right there on the Jackson website the whole time.

JCS SPECIAL EDITION WARRIOR SLAB BLACK (2014)
                              http://www.jacksonguitars.com/guitar...d-gloss-black/

Here are more pics of that blood-drip Warrior posted earlier in this thread.
                              http://www.jackson.deadno.de/gallery...op-blood-drip/

On the OPPOSITE end of "no bevels", here is a "persistent bevel" around the perimeter of this archtop Warrior
                              http://www.jackson.deadno.de/gallery...lorine-zigzag/

Comment

Working...
                              X