Help identifying this Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying this Jackson

The satin black wood finish and single volume knob are really doing it for me. I can't find anything similar to this currently on the market. Anyone familiar with this model that could identify it?

Fixed your link: http://imgur.com/a/ClUZw

Do you have any more photos of the rest of the guitar?

Judging by that one photo, I'm not even certain it's a Jackson.

The sharkfins look wrong.

The body shape looks off and I don't recall seeing Jacksons/Charvels with those particular contour cut-outs on the waist of the body.

That knob and switch layout is "unique", and coupled with the bad-looking inconsistent paint job makes me suspect it's a non-Jackson project body that the owner tried refinishing and possibly covering over where a normal volume knob would be (closer to the bridge pickup).

The Charvel USA Select Series has the knob and switch in a similar layout. http://www.charvel.com/blog/2016/06/...select-series/ But I suspect that suggestion won't suffice since you're looking for a satin black wood finish.

Comment

I'd definitely need more pics to be sure of exactly what that is. A full shot of the front of the guitar from the headstock tip to the bottom of the body, and a shot of the rear showing the body cavities would be nice.

My initial theory is...
      It may be a Jackson/Charvel body with the upper/lower body contours re-contoured by someone. It's hard to tell if it's an authentic J/C because of the extra contouring messing with my vision.
      The volume hole was filled.
      The neck may/may not be original, but those inlays look like stickers to me. At the very least, as mentioned, the inlays don't look correct. I have those sticker inlays and they look like paper, same as the ones in question. There's no 'pearl' texture in them.
      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
      X