Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Jackson Concert Bass

Hello,

First time poster, starting a search for more info on an old Jackson Bass I have. From initial research I found a serial number look up that landed it in production year 1987. I found the original catalog from 1987 (http://support.jacksonguitars.com/ca...87_catalog.pdf) and it matches the pick up and knob layout of the Jackson Concert Bass. I can't figure out the exact color name but its a pink/candy color, same as the 3rd boxed guitar on page 10.

1987 Jackson Concert Bass

Its a gorgeous sounding full wood neck though beauty, minus some usage wear and tear. While I am looking to sell it, I am looking to get the most info on its value and rarity first. Given the early production year I want to see if it could be considered a collectors item or anything else.

If this is something better suited for the sales page I will move it, this is just my first step in what im sure will be a long journey. Thank you.

Pink Platinum Pearl, I think is what you're referring to (can't open the PDF at the moment - slow connection). That was a popular color at the time, and still is due to Jeff Beck having a Soloist in that color.

Resale value is entirely buyer-based, unfortunately, and there are not a lot of buyers for an 80s Pink Jackson bass these days.

However, the devil is in the details: if the board is ebony with mother of pearl fins, then it's a Custom (not so much Custom Shop, more like Gibson LP Custom), but if it's rosewood with dots, it's a Student (similar to Gibson LP Special or Jr).
    Those two differences will affect price.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
    X