Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What year did Jackson start making the scarf jointed necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What year did Jackson start making the scarf jointed necks?

What year did Jackson start making the scarf jointed necks? I'm trying to avoid them in my future purchases if possible. Just my prefence and nothing meant to offend.
    Thanks
    I'm just here to purchase preowned "Neck Thru" "Kelly" or "Warrior" Bengal and Snakeskin Jacksons.

You'll likely never find one without a scarf joint. And you wouldn't be able to feel it either way. It doesn't affect durability, it doesn't affect tone, it doesn't affect the feel of the neck. It's mostly done as a cost saving measure to avoid wasting wood. I think they started in late 83 or early 84, I'm not exactly sure when, but it's just on the pointies. It's not something to worry about.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yah, scarf joints aren't a bad thing. Isn't that how they make classical guitar necks?

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
        but it's just on the pointies.
        My Mark Morton Dominion also has a scarf joint, and it's a 3-piece mahogany neck.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20160801_110035.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	2448219
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, done on Y2KVs, too. Early versions were 3-piece necks through the headstock. Later versions were 3-piece with a scarf joint.

There's nothing "wrong" with a scarf joint, you shouldn't shy away from buying a guitar just because it has one.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            My Mark Morton Dominion also has a scarf joint, and it's a 3-piece mahogany neck.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]9092[/ATTACH]
            Oh weird. Yeah, I guess scarf joints are on most Jacksons. Nevermind me. lol
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Maybe he thought scarf joint is something else? I know I still get a lot of these terms mixed up.

Comment

Working...
              X