SL2H pointy headstocks variations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H pointy headstocks variations

Hi all, maybe its my eyes as I am getting older but it seems that the headstocks on my two SL2H's are two different overall dimentions.
    Does anybody know why there are different sizes and they don't just use one template?
    As you can see in the photos the BLUE SL2H MAH USA headstock seems to be more slimline than the RED ELITE JAPANESE model.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

It's definitely noticeable. My 2011 MIJ DKMGT and 2008 SL2HT has similar differences.

To me, these oversized import headstocks are beginning to resemble those horrid Chinese knockoff Jacksons.

[IMG][/IMG]
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Yes I have seen them, the headstocks are enourmous. I am suprised they get away with advertising them and fender haven't taken them to court. They look like neck throughs too.

Comment

If you look at the BLUE headstock it is actually longer, and the RED headstock is shorter not fatter in my opinion, look at where the end of the truss rod cover ends

One the BLUE headstock its almost even with the low E machine head, on the RED headstock its way past the low E and a lot closer to the A machine head

Since the BLUE headstock is longer it looks slimmer to me

Comment

I have seen different sized/shaped headstocks but never took notice as to which was which. Nor have I really cared, because I always find many differences in every Jackson guitar.
          But I did notice that on the imports with reverse headstocks, my low E string always seems to want to hang over the edge of the headstock - or at least run right along the edge. And when I loosen the lock nuts, they even try to pull up-and-over the slot.

I don't have that same problem with my USA reverse headstocks. Although, I believe that the A string on my JT6 tremolos rubs against the bolt.

Which, in theory, could be due to a different size/shape causing the strings to pull at different angles?
          Could also be the difference between the different nuts and the positions they are in. Which, again, is something that I just never paid attention to.

Comment

Working...
          X