New guy to forum w/ collection pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy to forum w/ collection pic

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I love Jacksons RRs and the Charvel San Dimas. I started out on Jackson with a couple of RR-5s and then graduated on to the USA and Custom shop you see in the photo. The white bengal tiger RR1T is brand spanking new and I waited 21 months to get it, so I guess this is NGD as well. I love big hair metal (obviously) and I am happy to finally find a guitar forum that appreciates all of the awesome from that era. Thanks!

Nice collection! Congratz! welcome to the forum.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Welcome! Does that Custom Shop RR1T have 24 frets? I love the one sharkfin at the 12th fret. More pics, please.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very cool, welcome. More pics of the Nagel please.

Comment

Cool, welcome to the forum man.
          \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

Hey! No I did not get the 24 frets on the RR. I have a gibson V90 and it covers down on the 24 fret V for me. I was really insistent on the solo 12th fret inlay. I checked my form 3 times to make sure I had that in there!!lol I will get some better outside shots of it soon but here is a closer one in its case and one from Rainbow that is selling its identical twin.

Comment

Here is a closer shot of the Gunslinger, Axewielder. This is not DL it is actually an artist named Chris Compston I believe. It is signed with his dagger and initials. I wanted one for a very long time, but I didnt want a class axe and I didnt want to have one painted. I ran into this on reverb I believe and scooped it up. This exact model was featured in vintage guitar magazine at one point which makes it a little bit cooler to me. I love graphics. I have a IBZ USA custom called leather and metal that looks cool next to this one. Thanks for the interest.

Comment

Very cool Gunslinger. I have an Assassin that is similar, perhaps done by the same artist? It doesn't appear to be signed.

http://www.axewielder.com/Nagel_Gunslinger/Front_01.jpg

Wyldchyld (Jon) on the forum also has one kind of like it:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34810544@N08/6677572211/

Cool Rhoads, too. I have a White Bengal Jackson Strat. I've never seen another White Bengal until now!

http://www.axewielder.com/White_Beng...n_Front_02.JPG

Comment

Welcome...bad ass collection

Comment

Not exactly Nagels but still cool nonetheless...
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Welcome! And great collection you have there. I'm a big fan of DeMartinis and gunslingers. Nice to see others appreciate them also.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                        His is the most Nagel-ish of the three, but I agree not 100% in the Nagel style. I don't consider mine a Nagel at all, but the style of the artist is very similar.

Comment

Very nice. The thing that drew me to Jacksons in the 80s was the (IMO) great paint jobs they came up with.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                            I completely agree with that. The early Dan Lawerence Nagal graphics (like CC Deville played) are the ones to be called Nagals. DRL graphics had the uber 80s lines in the background just like the Patrick Nagal paintings. Chris Compston did paint the "Slutty Blonde" as well a a bunch of other semi famous designs. He did a good bit for Metallica I believe. I'm sure you guys have all been to the site but if not, check out DRL Graphics for all the cool work Dan Lawerence has done. Axe Wielder, those are awesome. It was a tough choice between gunslinger and assassin for me. I still have bc rich assassin in my saved searches. Thanks for all the welcomes. I have found my people. I have to throw an ibanez up here too for you guys to see. I know it's not the right forum but if you guys love graphics you will love this one for sure. I will get it up today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Matty View Post
                              Hey! No I did not get the 24 frets on the RR. I have a gibson V90 and it covers down on the 24 fret V for me. I was really insistent on the solo 12th fret inlay. I checked my form 3 times to make sure I had that in there!!lol I will get some better outside shots of it soon but here is a closer one in its case and one from Rainbow that is selling its identical twin.

That is just so cool! I had one black RR1T and another in gunmetal gray. Great guitars.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X