NAMM '16 - Charvel Guitars Pro Mod San Dimas Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM '16 - Charvel Guitars Pro Mod San Dimas Demo

Saw this in my feed this morning, though I'd pass it along...

Cool. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Very cool.
      Love the pickup select options and the no load tone knob.
      The control layout will take some getting used to. I still prefer the older layout.
      -Rick

Comment

Would never own a Mexican Charvel but at least they got the headstock shape and 12th fret dots correct for '16.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
          Would never own a Mexican Charvel but at least they got the headstock shape and 12th fret dots correct for '16.
          That is the least of their problems. They don't have quarter sawn necks.

Comment

If they didn't recess the trems on these, they wouldn't have had to mess with the volume knob location. The blade switch and no-load pots are an improvement, but the control layout seems to have the selector switch blocked by the volume. The push-pull coil tapping is wonky, why not implement a simplified version with a 5-way switch instead?

Comment

Because "5 pack of sound" doesn't sound cool? LOL

The flatsawn necks are a disappointment. If you're charging the better part of a grand for a guitar - even a MIM import - it should have a quartersawn neck. Yeah, yeah - graphite rods, blah blah. Otherwise, I mostly like what they've done with them.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                Because "5 pack of sound" doesn't sound cool? LOL
                I guess I can't argue with that!

Comment

No complaints here.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                    Guess I'm not seeing that kinda detail - what changed with the headstock?

Comment

I really dig those new Charvels. At least, they were not afraid of offering some pretty cool colors and even some trans finishes. I'm very curious to try one.
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                      X