We Really Are Small...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Really Are Small...

Yep, we're small when it comes to fanatics of a particular guitar brand. We've all too often seen Fender and Gibson at the forefront, but, dayum, this weekend I realized how small our following really is. At a gig I had my favorite 5 Jacksons: The "Jigsaw" Warrior, the Explorer, a pair of Soloists (Interference Flames and Lightning on Ferrari Red), and a Rhoads with Pile O' Skulls. We rocked the house, [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] but, after the second set I'm talking to some chick who's all admiring us, and she says, "Do you only play Jacksons?" And I told her, yeah, they're the best, and she's all, "I never heard of the brand, are they expensive?" [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Later we got to talking a lot cause she's also a musician. I asked her who her favorite guitarist was. And she's all, "Randy Rhoads, of course!" And I'm all, "You dig Rhoads but you've never heard of Jackson?!" [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] And that pretty much ended the evening. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] Man, we are SMALL. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: We Really Are Small...

Small with big hearts and the best guitars [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I see and notice the same thing everywhere i go. I walk into a misic store, and most are admireing the Fenders-Gibsons-PRS-ESP and Ibanez. I rarely see Jacksons picked up, and rarely do the stores carry the USA models, thakfully we have some great online sources for them, and I have 2 local music stores that carry some USA models off and on and know them and will order them [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
      I asked her who her favorite guitarist was. And she's all, "Randy Rhoads, of course!" And I'm all, "You dig Rhoads but you've never heard of Jackson?!" [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] And that pretty much ended the evening. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] Man, we are SMALL. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man, that chick is just sad. You should have showed her how big your Rhoads was and let her play it. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe, I think you're married, but if a chick would have said something that stupid to me about RR and she looked half decent, I would have tried to rodeo f#ck her. You know, get behind the skank, grab two handfuls of her hair, and yell out loud that she has the smelliest, narliest snatch you've ever had the privledge of tapping. Then try to hold on for 8 more seconds.

Brett

[ September 28, 2003, 10:28 PM: Message edited by: brett8388 ]

Comment

try living in Canada I had never seen a USA jackson in the flesh until I bought on off the internet and I've been playing for 20 years

Comment

Until I got mine off of Stephen the only USA Jackson I'd ever seen in Canada was a used XTRR a local music store was trying to seell for 3 GRAND! But after I played my Rhoads Pro at a local battle of the bands everyone seems to want a Jackson [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I never have seen more USA Jackson in one place in person outside of my little stash. I think the only time I may have seen more USA Jackson's together was back in the late 80's at Ed Roman's store, but even then, I think there may have only been 6 or 8 on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
                You know, get behind the skank, grab two handfuls of her hair, and yell out loud that she has the smelliest, narliest snatch you've ever had the privledge of tapping. Then try to hold on for 8 more seconds.

Brett
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You got it right, except that you're supposed to say "wow, your sister really IS better than you are" and THEN wait for the ride to begin.
                [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brett8388:
                  Joe, I think you're married, but if a chick would have said something that stupid to me about RR and she looked half decent, I would have tried to rodeo f#ck her. You know, get behind the skank, grab two handfuls of her hair, and yell out loud that she has the smelliest, narliest snatch you've ever had the privledge of tapping. Then try to hold on for 8 more seconds.

Brett
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">further proof that you're my hero, brett. i'm rollin on that one.. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you guys kill me!!!!!

jeff

Comment

Originally posted by diffrent strings:
                      try living in Canada I had never seen a USA jackson in the flesh until I bought on off the internet and I've been playing for 20 years
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dontcha know, ALL the US Jacksons are in Toronto. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by diffrent strings:
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">actually I have only seen one in my entire life and I played that one as well [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] , although I didn't have the whit then to value it correctly (was a guitarnoob then). it is sad "we" are so small.

Harrald

Comment

Working...
                        X