A Heartwarming Tale of Jackson and a Youth of America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Heartwarming Tale of Jackson and a Youth of America

I was in my local guitar shoppe this afternoon, and noticed a little boy (probably about four or five years old) bringing his dad over to show him the guitars he liked that were hanging on the wall. The one he most liked was a USA KE2 with Lightning Sky graphics...his dad said "you like the thunder one, huh?" The kid replied "Yeah, I like the pointy ones. They have a lot of pointy ones." (Yes, he acutally said "pointy" a few times!!) The store also has a couple of soloists (one with Black Ghost Flames and the other with Blue Ghost Flames) and a Swee-Tone, along with a handful of imports. It's good to see a strong showing of Jacksons and a young kid who thinks they're cool. Start'em young, I says!

Just thought I'd share.

Re: A Heartwarming Tale of Jackson and a Youth of America

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] abso-freakin-lutely.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Man, dude I am going to cry [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] As I read that, I looked over at my 3 1/2 year old son and almost lost it. He loves to strum my guitars, and consicering their all pointy, hopefully he will like them later and take some lessons. I will probably get him something with a Tunamatic bridge to start, and hopefully a Jackson, but maybe a Hamer or Carvin, all are quite nice. Jack.

Comment

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

thats cool ! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] my 8 year old daughter...just got A mini drum ser(great price)...shows intrest . likes my guitars..asks me...do you like the jackson best ? what about that one? (points to the fender) I tell the truth..the jackson(japenese made) plays better then an american strat plus strat !! the kid likes "rust in peace" !!

kids [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

wow, my son used to do that when he was little. i'd take him into this guitar shop i used to frequent (it was a c/j dealer then), and he always loved this green sparkle kelly (gil, i think you own it now). he's always want to go look at the "sparkly pointy guitars." he'd go past all the figured tops and marvel at the metallic finishes..

sully
            Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
            Sully Guitars on Facebook
            Sully Guitars on Google+
            Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Maybe someday I'll have some kids so I can get 'em hooked on Jacksons too!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

My son is into trumpet, my daughter is learning clarinet. No guitar yet.

As long as they are into music, that's a start!

DRH

Comment

I think it's great! My son goes with me to the shop all the time.Brett,the owner,once asked my son if he liked all the guitars he saw.My son replied with a strong NO.Brett laughed at him and asked "why not?"my boy looks at him and says "you have no Randy Rhoads guitars".I lost it!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I sometimes drool when I go into the store and see all the pointy, sparkly guitars. I'm 27.

Comment

My five year old daughter was upset with me when she saw me packing up my gun metal grey RR1 to send off to a guy who was going to send me a white RR1T in exchange. She was sad that I wasn't going to have my "pretty guitar" anymore! I thought that was cute.

I got the white RR1T w/ pinstripes from the guy, and she thought it was pretty too, so she was OK with trade!

- E.
                      Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter:
                        Maybe someday I'll have some kids so I can get 'em hooked on Jacksons too!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that would be a good thing to do, I guess if I am allowed to have kids in the very distant future, that would be the way to go for me as well. the only thing I would never forgive myself: if one of em hooks up on fender...

Harrald

[ September 30, 2003, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: guitar geek ]

Comment

A good friend of mine was the typical 17 year old Ibanez freak when I first started teaching him how to play. A year after that I bought my DK2 and took it up to Albuquerque where he lives. I let him tear it up on my DK2 and he was so impressed that a week later the little turd went out and bought an SL1. Since he bought that guitar he has dedicated a couple hours per day to playing. He says he will go to this grave with that axe. His Ibanez is history and he now plans to get into an RR1 in white w/black pinstripes. By, the way...........he shreds old school metal like it was nothin and has no interest in the new metal of today. Did I do that? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X