No announcement yet.

I think I posted this before but can't find the post, I'm after a reverse h/s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I posted this before but can't find the post, I'm after a reverse h/s

I've always wanted a reverse pointy with Floyd and Hum bridge single neck, would prefer ebony/rosewood board. What models or Charvel & Jackson new and old have this config?

Thanks in advance,
    tim

I think the 88 Limited Dinky had H-S and reverse head.

The Charvel Predator was H-S but I don't think it had a reverse head.

The Dinky Reverse (commonly seen in that Krylon fake concrete finish) had a reverse head, but was H-H I believe.

I wanna say the Model 7 had a reverse pointy, and may have been H-S, but was a Tele shape.

Best bet is to find the neck you want on Ebay and wait for a Predator (body or complete) and build your own.

However, for a Charvel guitar-logo Model series neck, it's most likely it will have a behind-the-nut locking nut rather than a Floyd-style. It's also more likely you'll find a script logo Charvel neck with a Floyd-style nut and a regular pointy head than reverse and Floyded.

As well, for a Charvel, it'll probably be 22 fret, which means you'll need a body made for a 22 fret.

If you don't mind a pickguard, there's the Model 3, though again, it most likely will have a Kahler.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm making my own...

I've got a DKMG neck waiting to go on it, along with black hardware, plus I picked up a pair of those GFS Redactives to go in it (they're very similar to EMG's from what I've heard). Don't know when I'll get it done (seems like I've been at it forever, but things have been kinda crazy 'round here almost as long... ), but hopefully soon. *fingers crossed*
      Last edited by Metal Spawn; 07-16-2015, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I wanted a guitar like that too. I ended up finding a Jackson neck and ordering a body from kne. Worked out great.

Comment

Here's a dinky reverse that has been up for sale for a while. Like Newc said, it has the HH config. And as the others have noted, you make have to mix and match to end up with a reverse headstock on a body with a HS layout. Either that or follow Metal Spawn's approach and modify a body along with a refin.

http://mansfield.craigslist.org/msg/5018547868.html

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            The Charvel Predator was H-S but I don't think it had a reverse head.
            Both the Predator and Legend (Tele) had reverse heads.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks Joe. Forgot about the Legend. I only had a Predator body, so I wasn't sure what neck/head it had.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

And don't forget about the Charvel Model 3DR

Comment

How bad do you want one? I have 4 Predators, 1 mute, and 1 predator neck. not trying to sell but could.

Comment

Nice stuff, Paranoid. Is the Zebra a refinish? Wicked graphic to the right of the zebra. Pretty cool.

What brand of electronic drums have you got there?
                    I've got the Roland TD9 kit.
                    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
                      Nice stuff, Paranoid. Is the Zebra a refinish? Wicked graphic to the right of the zebra. Pretty cool.

What brand of electronic drums have you got there?
                      I've got the Roland TD9 kit.
                      My wife is Zebra crazy so that was built for her(but she plays the bass) All 6 of the guitars in that picture are mutts! the zebra is a refin bound the head stock my self job, the body was a predator but the neck was broke so it now has a 375 neck!
                      I think the drum set is Yamaha, Only have the drums for recording tracks(I am not a drummer buy any means) here you can see the guitars in my house at the time of my joining this forum! http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/145...orum-user-here

Comment

Alright, I'm probably going to catch some crap for this but....have you thought about a Martin Stinger SSL? You can buy one for around $100 and it has the configuration you're wanting. Rosewood fretboard and 24 frets. I have a couple of these Stingers and they have nice necks and play well. I would put them on par with the JS line of Jacksons at the least. In fact, I had a JS that is now gone- I didn't like it as much as the Stingers. The bridge is not a floyd though- more of a strat style tremolo. Cheaper guitar but a decent platform to start from.

Comment

Working...
                        X