It finally happened to me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
    I know, off topic, but the 100k pots is what keeps the Mustaine's from sounding sterile like a lot of people complain about with EMG 81/85 setup.
    Could be. I think they sound pretty damn good in my Mustaine Dean V. They're like a JB/Jazz, just tighter in the bass and a slight bit more gain than the regular JB/Jazz. The regular JB is overrated, IMO, but the active version does sound better.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
      I know, off topic, but the 100k pots is what keeps the Mustaine's from sounding sterile like a lot of people complain about with EMG 81/85 setup.
      When I bought my first set of Dave Mustaine live wires all 3 100k pots were bad... called Duncan to get them replaced and they do not have em and can't get em.... I got pissed, the tech guy told me to use 25k pots, I told him they were designed and sent with 100k for a reason, I want what I paid for, with there being nothing wrong with the actual pickups I was informed there was nothing he could do... I bought another set they are installed and working in the AOD II Sig series ... gave the other set to my brother. I will never buy another set of SD. This was almost a yr ago, just thought I'd share the experience. I started to tag Dave on FB but fuck it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0278.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	2447936Click image for larger version

Name:	sddm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	2447937
      Last edited by Jackson8090s; 07-02-2015, 05:23 PM.
      \m/ Thrash Zone \m/

Comment

When I first got my Dean VMNT1 (whatever year they first came out), not too long after, the volume pot crapped out. I did get a 100k pot put in by a local shop, and Dean actually sent me a check to cover the cost, plus threw in a free T-shirt.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
        X