Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a Charvel Explorer but cannot find what model it is. Can you help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a Charvel Explorer but cannot find what model it is. Can you help?

Hi guys.

I've been searching google for this model but just cannot find the info. I took photos and hopefully someone here knows Charvels so well that can identify what this is.

Here is a link to the photo album where you can see the images. https://goo.gl/photos/FqShFPLekveF1EUeA

Thanks in advance.

I'm not clicking that link. Looks fishy.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Meh, the link is fine.

The guitar appears to be a mutt with a Jackson Kelly body, Charvel Model 4 neck and a Charvel neck plate I don't recognize immediately but it's definitely from an import.
      Last edited by Matt_B; 06-23-2015, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Looks like this mutt has been kicked around the kennel too many times, what a mess.

Comment

CKL-068 body maybe?

Flush mount, routed to pull Floyd up (or to sit way to far back)
          Volume's been moved and the hole filled with a bolt?
          Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            I'm not clicking that link. Looks fishy.
            That is a link created by Google's URL shortner service that competes with TinyURL.

Comment

Thanks for all the great answers. That bolt was a mystery and when I did not find any info about this, I was already counting my money that maybe this is some ultra rare Charvel. Well it is maybe unique but made with parts. It has a great playability and sound.

Comment

Body looks like a performer based on the shape of the trem route.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

If you would like something a little less "dangerous" than bolt to fill that hole, go to a local hardware store and look for a black plastic plug in that size.

Comment

Or just leave the hole. Not like anything's gonna fall in or out, and cosmetics cannot seriously be an issue here

Bridge is definitely the wrong style for that body - look into the 580LP so it sits in the recess properly. Then again, if it works like it is, then there's no reason to mess with it.

Apparently it looks like someone was trying for a half-assed Oz Fox Charvel/Kelly.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      Bridge is definitely the wrong style for that body - look into the 580LP so it sits in the recess properly. Then again, if it works like it is, then there's no reason to mess with it.
                      It's the correct bridge for a Japanese market guitar. My SDK-075 is the same way. That and the volume no tone knob are what bring me to the Japanese market conclusion.

Here's a CRR-068 in white which shows the bridge, pull up route being different. No tone knob, about the same spacing between volume and toggle.

Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Working...
                      X