Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Endorsements....

Originally posted by dk2magic:
    From what I read in the old forum when the buyout was announced. The Fender rep. himself said Fender will not pay ANYONE to endorse their guitars. Which I happen to agree with. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Yeah, I'm sure no one with a sig series gets a dime.

Comment

No Doc I dont think it for a second, but it would be cool. I'm not even a big Via fan so much anymore. I love his technical ability, however I haven't bought anything since "Passion". I just think it would be cool for nostalgic reasons. Imagine Via with another custom yellow "eye ball" Soloist! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

A sig series guitar should be different to a regular endorsement deal. I think if it's got an artist's name on it, they should get a share of the profit. Otherwise, the guitar manufacturer is making money on their name, using the artists name recognition to move units, and they only get a couple of free guitars out of it? On the other hand, I agree that artists shouldn't get paid for merely endorsing a product.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't understand why you guys would be against paying an artist. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

IMO if you truly believe in something you would pay to have it. Gibson, Fender, or Jackson shouldn't have to approach "the next rising star"
            to promote their guitars. Jackson doesn't really have a "big name" now and people still buy their guitars. One of my favorite guitarists doesn't use a Jackson DK2, but I still bought because it felt good in my hands. Isn't that what it's all about anyway? As far as getting a % of the sales
            their name creates... I read they get say in the final product that hits the shelves. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
            Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
            Amp... Pioneer
            Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

how would you go about getting an endorsement?

Comment

Working...
              X