Introduction/Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction/Collection

Thought I would sign up and say hello to the community. I am from Montana but currently reside in Anchorage Alaska. Quite a different change of scenery due to the long hours where it isn't 100% dark and also the colder climate. I guess I can complain about being far away when good deals come up (and also the higher shipping charges lol). Anyhow I am Kato. I have been playing guitar for 20 years now. I am a DJ and come from a long line of musicians in my family. Most of them are into country music, but not this guy! Anyhow finding great deals on cool stuff here is a hard thing to do. Especially deals on guitars. So here is part of my collection of nearly 45 guitars (these are the only ones I had room to display).

The guitars that are hanging on the wall are a 2011 Kramer Pacer Classic Series, a 2014 Jackson Warrior, a 2013 Charvel Desolation Star, and a 1992 Jackson Dinky (Van Halen-ized). All of them are fantastic players.

On the bed is a 1998 BC Rich NJ Bich I bought in the summer of 99 new. It has seen its fair share of gigs and has been with me to 12+ states. Sadly I lost the case whilst on the road :-(. Next is a 2012 Jackson JS22 Dinky. I bought a new right handed dinky but Jackson must have really wanted rid of this guitar so they just mailed it to me instead.

Next is one of my favorite guitars ever. Its a 1991 Fender Heartfield Talon. I bought it from the original owner in 1994. I think it has such an amazing color. Very unique. It is flawless and plays very well.

Laying down on the bed sideways is a midnight cobalt 1989 Jackson 750xl. It is all original right down to the chainsaw case. It is such a sweet player. I bought this quite some time ago from the original owner (circa 2000). It is such a fantastic guitar, props to Charvel on that one!!

Next are two old school Washburns. The red one is a 1993 MG-400. It is 100% unmolested and is all original. Has the original case too. It plays great but doesn't get much love anymore. Its cousin is the same model Michaelangelo Batio plays. Its a 1992 MG44. It has some battle scars but still plays really good. I am going to sell both of them if anyone is interested.

Next is a 2006 Kramer Pacer FT202S. it is a great player but certainly not like the originals. I would consider selling both this and the 2011 Classic Series if someone would give them a good home!

Last but not least is my favorite guitar of all time. It is a 1989 Charvel 650XL. It is in very very good condition. I purchased this from the original owner. It has all of the original case candy from the day it was new. It has the Charvel warranty tag, paperwork from date of purchase, and even the black and white Charvel sale papers. The music store was having a sale that day, makes me wish I was there. Some great deals for sure.

Anyhow I thought I would share a few things from my (supposed to be downsizing but always growing) collection. Sorry about the guitars having a weird finish to them It is the reflection of the texture on my ceiling.

Very nice collection. Welcome to the Forum. 750XL's are worshiped here so you're going to get requests for more pics of the 750XL and 650XL. I'm don't think I've ever seen a Cobalt Blue 750XL. According to my 1989 Charvel catalog, they made them in Pearl Blue(which is significantly lighter) and Black but no Cobalt Blue.

Comment

There was at least one other color that the 750 came in that wasn't listed in the catalog, which was a really dark metallic green, so the dark cobalt wouldn't surprise me. More pics would really be nice, because the reflection from the ceiling is playing hell with this one.

edit- found this old thread with working pics of a dark blue one:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/77273-750XL-Question

outdoor shots of the same one:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/82390-My-Charvel-750XL
      Last edited by dg; 04-12-2015, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Welcome! And very cool collection.

Comment

That green bc rich is killer. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
            There was at least one other color that the 750 came in that wasn't listed in the catalog, which was a really dark metallic green, so the dark cobalt wouldn't surprise me. More pics would really be nice, because the reflection from the ceiling is playing hell with this one.

edit- found this old thread with working pics of a dark blue one:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/77273-750XL-Question

outdoor shots of the same one:

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/82390-My-Charvel-750XL
            You sure that's not a trans blue/purple one ? Looks trans to me.

Comment

Whoahh....Cool collection!!! Very nice.

Comment

The BC was a great guitar but I parted ways with it two days ago. �� the 750xl is gorgeous. It plays great too. I bought it from the original owner circa 1995. He bought it in California. He was a really cool dude. He used to actually own a music store. He said he sold a lot of fender products as well as a lot of Jacksons and Charvels. He was making me laugh telling me stories about all of these kids coming into his store in the mid to late 80s wearing leather jackets with big poof he hair and claiming they want a guitar capable of helping them be the next rock star LOL

The red 750 XL I believe is actually a color called Desert crackle. At least that's what it says on the original paperwork. Again I bought this guitar from the original owner. It was purchased at a music store for around $650. According to the paperwork they were having a blowout sale on all Charvel guitars to make room for the next model year. Hello I wish my current music store would have sales, instead they have the same old crap sitting on the shelf that no one wants to buy LOL. Bowl of the XL guitars have the original hardshell cases. I will try to post more detailed pictures from a better spot in my house when I have time.

The guitar is actually owned the longest has been the Fender Heartfield. I went into my buddies friends house and saw it leaned up in the corner in the mid 90s. I remember thinking to myself what a bitchin color that was. I couldn't stop thinking about it for almost 8 months straight. I knew I had to have it. So my friend called his buddy and it turns out nobody even played It. He said they bought it to learn how to play and nobody ever bothered even picking it up. The overall condition reflects that. It has a few pick scratches that could easily be buffed out. The neck is just right for my hands. It's almost like it was custom-made for me. It has such warm tone and also a great punch when needed.

eventually I'll be thinning the collection. I have over 40 instruments. I can't help it. Every time I see a great deal on a guitar I have to pick it up. I have another fairly rare piece that I will tell you more about later. I wish I had room to display everything but unfortunately I don't think my landlord would like finding that many screw holes in the walls LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
                  You sure that's not a trans blue/purple one ? Looks trans to me.
                  Pretty sure it's solid. In the thread he said it looked black in some lighting, but I can see what you mean. Hard to be sure it's not trans with really weak flame in those pics. Also, when I was digging around for pics of the metallic green, which I know Dave (Budman) and Pete (Twisteramps) each had at one time, there was a comment in one of those threads talking about a solid dark blue one in the old gallery. All of the pic links are dead for the green ones, unfortunately. It was a really cool finish. It looked black in most pics, but with flash or sunshine you could see the metallic green.

Comment

Yeah, those Heartfields are really nice guitars. They are basically Fender Ibanez RG's, made in the same Japan FugiGen plant as the Japanese Ibanez RG's. This guitar of mine is also a Japanese Fender FugiGen guitar, probably very similar to your Heartfield, same color.

On your 650XL, that one is "Pearl Red". This is "Desert Crackle" :

Comment

Welcome around, and BTW, that Charvel 650XL was probably one of the hottest looking guitars on the planet back in the day! And to me, still is!
                      -Metal wouldn't be the same without Pointy guitars-

Comment

Like I said in my above post I have all of the original paperwork from 1989 with the 650 XL. It is a fantastic guitar I wish I gave it more love but as of late I haven't played a whole heck of a lot. I really appreciate everyone's complements. If anybody has played a BC Rich Bich they might agree the way the knobs are set up is a tad bit strange. The Jackson that is painted like a van Halen has some of the best action out of all of my guitars. Maybe that's just me or maybe it's the stripes LOL. Later today if I have time I will take the 750 XL and get better pictures of it. It's definitely a midnight cobalt and not a transparent color. I bought it quite some time ago and at one point had entertained the thought of getting rid of it and then I couldn't bring myself to do it. I have to admit though instruments for me are kind of a sickness. I just bought a Mexican stratocaster yesterday. I walked in and noticed it was very very unbelievably low priced and had to walk away with it. I think I need some help. Eventually one more of my collection gets sent up here I will take pictures. Like I said I have around 40 some odd guitars and one kazoo LOL

Comment

Great collection and welcome to the boards great info and people here
                          Rich

Comment

Great collection and welcome!

Comment

Great collection! I love the star - even if it is a Desolation. Looks awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X