Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "U.S.-made recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge"

http://www.charvel.com/guitars/index...tno=2869302000

Woah, check out the description of the guitar.
    I recall there being some talk of finding a replacement for the tremolo, never did I believe that Charvel'd be producing old school Floyd Roses though!

Govan says he hates locking nuts so wont have a "full" Floyd and will put up with tunung issues. He says his hand hits the locking nut.
    Early versions had a stampted saddle bridge old school fender style as he said he likedvrthge sound. Have a look on you tube he talks loads about thee guitar.
    Last edited by asix; 07-27-2014, 03:01 PM.
    no sig.....

Comment

I just posted the same thing in the "Guthrie" thread. Here is a picture of a "Floyded" Guthrie but to me, it looks a Gotoh style arm on it! Could be wrong but that looks to be a nylon sleeve the arm goes into?

http://www.capitolguitars.com/conten...ure-model.jpeg
      www.vvforums.com

Comment

I think as far as features go it's wonky as hell but the dude definitely knows what he's doing with it.

Comment

Hard to say just by looking at it, but I'm willing to bet that since it's an NFT OFR, it has a screw in trem with the threads on the outside of the trem arm. The Gotoh arm is totally different. It has the threads inside the base of the trem arm, the bend is different, and the Gotoh also has a removable tip so you can put a Fender style trem tip.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I thought Charvel recently said they were making him a brand new trem and that the old-school Floyd won't be going on the production models.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1 and the specs say this, as well. The pic is a pre-pro.

Comment

Exactly so I wonder what exactly.the tremolo will be. An early style OFR made in USA? Sounds funky.

Comment

Working...
                X