Getting 3 guitars back from the tech tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting 3 guitars back from the tech tonight

Picking up 3 guitars from their flood repairs tonight. The Soloist, KV2 and my acoustic are ready (with a hefty pricetag) and I have to submit my reciepts to the insurance company to be refunded in full. The KV Pro will be a few more days. Hopefully I'll have time to put up pics and a short review tonight!

Feeling happy.....
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Great news, Jim! Can't wait to see the new pics.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Do you have before pics t post with the after pics?

Comment

I do not have the before pics to post....probably should have saved them but it's been since February and I really don't like to be reminded. But since He gave me parts back I took a pic of the JT6 from the Soloist. It was black and clean before the flood......

The Soloist had all pots and the jack replaced, frets reset and leveled, Original Floyd Rose installed so the post holes had to be filled and redrilled, Fretboard treated/oiled and the back of the neck you could feel the scarf joint had expanded and he even got that level. He also went thru the tuners, adjusted the truss rod and got the neck straight. Plays like butter!

I still can't believe he got the speed bump on the back of the neck completely level.

Brand New Floyd!

She's a looker and a Player again!

The KV2 BGF had her saddles replaced, all pots, switch and jack replaced. The frets were reset, polished and leveled, the fretboard was treated/oiled, the neck was straightened and was set up back to standard 440 with 10-52....it was dropped to A with 11-70 strings before....she's back to reality now...no more Korn for her!

I got the acoustic back too and it works/sounds great too. If I take pics I'll post 'em in "Other" but I think I'm gonna heat up the tubes and jam a bit now.

Just can't wait to get the KVPro back in the next few days....still waiting on a new Kahler bridge to come in........
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

So glad they could be saved. Most people would have accepted a check from the insurance company and went shopping. Looks great and I know you're extremely happy to have them back home.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

That is great news!! Enjoy!

Comment

Wow what a big difference! Glad you could save them.

Comment

They look great!

Comment

Great road to recovery. If you wanna unload that mangled JT6 Let me know ive got an experiment I want to try with one and that would be the perfect candidate.
                  Haters gonna hate
                  Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Congrats! They look great.

Comment

Great news indeed!
                      www.vvforums.com

Comment

Wow, he used the whole string on the E,A,D?
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice save! FYI on the Soloist you can get replica bushing covers from Budman (JCH-2C):

http://www.fretsonthenet.com/Hardwar...ge%20parts.htm

Looks like OFR studs were installed then? Those covers will still work, but there will be a slight gap around them. I attach these with CA glue and they stay on pretty good.

Comment

LOL Newc, not quite the whole string, but much more than I would've.

I'm really happy with the work he did. I played the hell out of the Soloist this afternoon and still have not had to tune it since I got it back. Didn't lose any of the mojo that it had before the damage even with the bridge change.

Comment

That's pretty awesome it's got the same mojo!

Comment

Working...
                              X