Jackson Customer Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Customer Service

You guys and your 3 year wait times for the custom shop...

I called Jackson in 2009 and asked a question. The guy said I should email him directly with the info...
    Still waiting. I even tried a follow up and got no response.
    I've given up on that one. But I needed to mention it because I wrote them again about something, on May 13.
    That same day I got two auto response emails from them "it will be answered in the order it was received"

Its now June 17.
    Why the eff can't they even respond.

Every time you email them they have to stop building to respond! Lol but seriously they need to at least fix the communications over there. That's crazy

Comment

I don't know about your expierience, but since the flood I had in February I have Emailed several times about different things each time and had a response within 24 hours.
      Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Have you tried not addressing your emails as "Hey you dicks,"?
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Fendercocks, not dicks.... but if you think that'll work, I guess I could try it.

Comment

I wrote them again this morning. This time I got a response back 7 hours later. An actual response, from a person, not just the automated 'we will answer it in the order it came'.

I asked (paraphrased) if they could build me a couple guitars -- exact duplicates of one of my Jackson 80's era guitars.
            Here's what they had to say:

Hello,
            Thanks for writing in!
            Unfortunately for instruments that pre-date Jacksons acquisition (2002), we won’t retain spec sheets or particular information. The best bet may be to get you and the instrument into an Jackson Custom Shop dealer so that you can ensure every aspect is recreated as you’d want.

Jeff Bielke

Comment

Even though I don't like the answer they gave, at least it was an answer.

Comment

I coulda told you that they won't dig out the build sheet for a pre-FMIC guitar - they've never bothered to digitise all the old work orders...
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I kinda knew that was going to be the answer...
                  But, it was worth a shot. Its not like I am just asking 'what is it', I was asking to have new ones made. Isn't that what the custom shop master build if for?

Comment

Well yes and no. Shannon isn't gonna remember a specific guitar from 25 years ago, so without the work order it's 'just' a 1987 Soloist or whatever, and so they'd suggest standard specs from that time.

You'd be better off just spec'ing exactly what you want anyway (include pics and measurements if there's anything unusual) , and if you reference a certain era then I guess they'd make suggestions based on that, if any of your specs are not consistent with that year.
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Or, I say F'it and buy 'em used.

=================================

But at least I got a response. Which is better than the other two times I contacted them about stuff.

Comment

to keep w/ the 80's tradition, they're running Commodore 64's over at Jackson.

Comment

I'm sure if you're willing to wait the two years for a custom order then they'll make replicas if you have some sort of visual documentation.

Comment

Working...
                          X