Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need help deciding on a possible trade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help deciding on a possible trade...

I have a 2007 MIJ Bengal Splash Jackson DK2M I was trying to sell on Craigslist for $625. I hate to do it, but money is kind of tight. I mostly received scams from people saying their stationed in air force bases, their in the peacecorp, etc…

There's one guy that's legit that wants to do a trade. He has a 1999 Peavey Wolfgang special in quilted red with hardshell case. I'm not too familiar with these guitars. I'm trying to get some more information about and I'll post it when he texts me.

I probably won't keep the guitar, because I need the cash. How much are these guitars worth? Can I get a quick $700 if I decide to sell it, or should I just hang on to my DK2M?
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

These are the images he sent me...

Comment

If it's Korean maybe if it's a usa I would say yes. I don't remember if the reds were made in both places.

Comment

If its a USA I would. I hate those guitars but the USA's can pull some nice bucks.The Korean ones of that era are very nice guitars probably worth more than your guitar to the average buyer.
        I had a friend that was a dealer for those and even the Korean ones were selling for $999.00 back then.
        Really nice players I admit and a quality guitar I just don't like the body shape.
        Flame or quilt tops bring good money, arch tops command a higher price too so keep that in mind.
        It looks like the original case too so I would probably do it depending on condition of both.
        Last edited by straycat; 05-11-2014, 01:20 AM.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

http://www.wolfgangguitars.com/Otherwolfgangs.htm

Here is some info on Wolfgangs

Comment

^After looking at this website and playing his guitar I'm certain it's a Korean made guitar. I check out several of Ebay's sold listings and this model is only selling for around $400-500 with case, so I passed. I also don't want to get stuck with such a fugly looking guitar.

The other thing is, I'm starting to get cold feet about selling my DK2M. I haven't touched any of my guitars in a while and starting losing interest in music, but I picked up my DK2m yesterday to tune it up; I played it for several hours and I realized I might regret selling such a sweet guitar. I was dead set on selling it too… I think I'm going to sell all of my other guitars and keep this one for myself.

Comment

good choice Maiden89, best to take time on deciding whether to sell your gear as once it is gone you cant get it back.

I remember going to the local guitar shop a few years ago to try an EVH, I didn't really like the feel of the neck.

Comment

It's easy to say, but I would try to find money a different way instead of selling that guitar. It has regret-city written all over it. It's not like they are making any more, right?

Maybe time to hit up the sperm bank?

Comment

I love my white Bengal DK2M. Don't swap it for that, and try to keep it if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                    ^After looking at this website and playing his guitar I'm certain it's a Korean made guitar. I check out several of Ebay's sold listings and this model is only selling for around $400-500 with case, so I passed. I also don't want to get stuck with such a fugly looking guitar.

The other thing is, I'm starting to get cold feet about selling my DK2M. I haven't touched any of my guitars in a while and starting losing interest in music, but I picked up my DK2m yesterday to tune it up; I played it for several hours and I realized I might regret selling such a sweet guitar. I was dead set on selling it too… I think I'm going to sell all of my other guitars and keep this one for myself.

I really don't think the guitar is "fugly" at all. It looks awesome. But I think you are doing the right thing by passing......
                    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

IMO the Jackson isn't worth $625. If you're patient and have a lot of activity on the CL in you're area you maybe able to trade up to something worth $625 and then sell it for cash. I've done that numerous times. It may take a few trades but it can happen. For example I traded a Epi Les Paul for an Esp Eclipse II which I traded for a USA strat which I traded for a USA pagan gold Charvel!!! Got tired of the Charvel and sold it for $775. Or something like that. I lost count. It could have been a Wolfgang special for the Charvel.

Comment

Working...
                      X