No announcement yet.

Any short scales in current production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any short scales in current production?

As it says. Do Charvel or Jackson make any current production guitars with 24 3/4" scale but with a Floyd rose? I'm thinking along the lines of the old Charvel Fusions.

Not that I know of. I'd like to see a Floyded short-scale KV2T (SLS head) though, even in the import neckthrough model.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

No, the Mark Morton is the only 24.75" scale guitar they make these days.

Comment

KV2T and bend the neck like Jake E Lee. Hey that rhymed!

Comment

Bummer.

Comment

Careful, some KV2Ts are 25.5"

The majority of the buying public does not want short scale "shredders" so you are not going to see many new ones being produced by big manufacturers. The ones that have been (ie, ESP Michael Amott Ninja) will feel like big Gibson style shapes as its assumed if you want a 24.75 shape, you must want Gibson discomfort.

There's a ESP/LTD Rob Arnold RA-600 signature model that is strat/floyd/single EMG short scale over 24 frets.

Buddy Blaze (Originator of the Kramer nightswan) has a huge line of floyd equipped bolt on 24 fret short scale shredders. Most of his stuff is custom/special order and big money but he did an import line that didn't sell overly well. Lots of those leftovers could be found on ebay for under $500.

Comment

Working...
            X