General Thanks To ALL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Thanks To ALL

I just wanted to say that JCF is the best forum I have been involved with, hands down. No 15 page bullshit rants and keyboard attacks etc.... unlike some other popular guitar forums which will NOT be mentioned. Anyway, thought it would cool to give a general kudo's to all members for having class and respect for each other. It seems to be a rarity these days. So thanks, and keep on shredding.

Wasn't always like this. We had our share of bullshit here too. We just aren't at our apex right now lol
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

yeah, there have been some good ones over the years. we have good moderators, and i think most of the members here are older and more focused on the guitars (and really playing). other boards i am a member of do not have the same vibe as the JCF....
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

This place wins hands down, just for being a Jackson/Charvel forum, then there's the great peeps that are involved & I have learned so much about my #1 brand.

Home is where the heart is.

Comment

What about my anti Gibson rants?
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
            What about my anti Gibson rants?
            Well those are always fun! Yeah, this place is the best for many reasons, but the people make it feel like home. Early on it could be a bit different. I remember being banned for asking a question without reading the rules. That wasn't a big deal, but how everyone would salivate while waiting for the hammer, now that was weird. There was no taking anything back, and no honest mistakes back then. This place has mellowed a bit. We still have a go at each other from time to time, but nothing to big. The thing I love the most is the tone in the answers from the questions asked. On a lot of boards, people ask questions and the tone of the answers are almost it's such a chore, or why are you bothering me, type of thing. So disrespectful. This has always been such a helpful bunch, a bit nuts at times, but always helpful!
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

Great, now we don't have to behave anymore

...let's start unloading all that bullshit we saved up
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                Great, now we don't have to behave anymore

...let's start unloading all that bullshit we saved up
                Gibson sucks! There, I am done unloading.
                This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by leftykingv2 View Post
                  Gibson sucks! There, I am done unloading.
                  Now, now Lefty

Perhaps all this stems from a Freudian jealousy that beating one off with your right hand doesn't feel so good
                  which you reflect upon an unsuspecting guitarmaker
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Strange, I don't remember any crazy rant/flame posts from the earlier days. Oh well still a great forum.
                    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I remember the guy who was always whining and had the thread detailing how some bandmember had peed in his car seat. That thread spiraled into a meltdown.

Comment

Must have been a great band. The Urinator Whinealator

Comment

I agree, definitely a cool place to be!!!
                          I like black and white guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                            Now, now Lefty

Perhaps all this stems from a Freudian jealousy that beating one off with your right hand doesn't feel so good
                            which you reflect upon an unsuspecting guitarmaker
                            Perhaps.....

Comment

I dig this place a lot...people actually know stuff here! I've learned a lot about Jackson's early days, how to spot a fake, etc. The appreciation and love of Jacksons is a thing the world needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X