Hardtails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardtails

Just finished off a few hardtails, just got them back from Anodize... I can see what these are going on already!
    Attached Files
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Nice work bro!!! Will they fit on any model or just a select few?
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Standard 2 1/8" charvel spacing. These were modeled after my purpleburst Jake E Lee bridge
      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I love the Jake models from back in the day. I've always wanted one but unfortunately I've never been able to find a lefty. What year is your purpleburst?
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Comment

Man I hate being left handed. It's so hard to find anything to even try out let alone buy. I notice your avatar is a Jake model too. How old is that one?

Comment

I think we did those in 2007 iirc ..there were 10 of those

Comment

Either way it's an awesome guitar I'd bet. Aside from Randy, Jake is my favorite Ozzy Guitarist.

Comment

your brass hardtails have always looked amazing. The new anodized ones do too. Are you making the saddles too?
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    your brass hardtails have always looked amazing. The new anodized ones do too. Are you making the saddles too?
                    Thanks Gary!!

Sully and I were just talking about doing a full on run of these in the standard 6 string (oh they were standard charvel 2 1/8" spacing) and maybe attempting to do a 7 string hardtail. We haven't decided which direction we will take with the saddles yet but honestly they are much cheaper to source than machine. The saddles are a dime a dozen but the plates are much harder to find.

Comment

yea, that's fair enough. People have different tastes in saddles too. So you could put bent steel, GraphTech, black-on-brass, chrome-on-black (like in your picture) per the customer's request. Sourcing a wide variety of saddles as you need them rather than making them lets you react to demand & you're not going to be stuck with excess stock of something that maybe didn't take off. Assuming you're selling whole bridge units or Sully is using them in builds. If you're just selling the plates, everything I just said doesn't matter

How does the anodizing hold up to saddle adjustments?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        yea, that's fair enough. People have different tastes in saddles too. So you could put bent steel, GraphTech, black-on-brass, chrome-on-black (like in your picture) per the customer's request. Sourcing a wide variety of saddles as you need them rather than making them lets you react to demand & you're not going to be stuck with excess stock of something that maybe didn't take off. Assuming you're selling whole bridge units or Sully is using them in builds. If you're just selling the plates, everything I just said doesn't matter

How does the anodizing hold up to saddle adjustments?
                        Well it's both, selling whole bridges as well as Sully using them in builds. We are planning on putting a good quality saddle on them, not the plates that are used on the lower models. We also are thinking about something a tad different.

The coating should hold up well, it' an anodize.

Comment

Just a quick question.....why anodize and not black chrome or black nickel? Nice work either way. It's good to see the nice thick back stop rather than the bent base. How many have you made and will you be selling any to the "open" market?

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
                            Just a quick question.....why anodize and not black chrome or black nickel? Nice work either way. It's good to see the nice thick back stop rather than the bent base. How many have you made and will you be selling any to the "open" market?

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post

Anodize- Wanted to try it and see how it looked. Anodize tends to hold up well. I'm not against black chrome or nickel at all. Up till now most of the ones I had sold we straight up brass. Sully decided to try something different on his guitars and had them coated. These 2 were for my personal use so I figured I'd see how it came out.

Yes we are discussing setting up a another run of these between Jon and I. We were hoping to do some different colors. Maybe a 7 string version. He's also trying to do some other style bridges so we'll see.

Comment

Saw these on sully'a FB page. Look solid.. And awesome!
                              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
                              X