Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top mounted Floyd models

Looking a little at affordable models
    but it seems after the Pro-mod location change, the only one available is the SDX Adrian Smith

Correct?
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Yes. Look into the second hand market. Tons of Japanese and USA available at the same price as the Mexicos.

Comment

Not over here not
      2nd hand US Pro Mods (if you can find one) fetch new MIJ/MIM prices (and I thought the MIJ's already had a recessed trem?)
      and don't get me started on US customs/selects money

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

My MIJ SD1 is a top mount floyd and I've played a So Cal and it was top mount also. My dead calm aqua is recessed though.
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

I think most of the mij are top mounted with the exception of a few wildcards like the dead calm aqua, etc.

Comment

Ok, thanks, I'll keep that in mind

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Top mount Tremolo is tits. My old Baretta's are all like that and they're unbeatable guitars.
              This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Hm, well when money isn't tight anymore, I may just start looking for a maple fb, topmount (both features I still don't have in my arsenal) Pro mod or go for the AS SDX

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                  Hm, well when money isn't tight anymore, I may just start looking for a maple fb, topmount (both features I still don't have in my arsenal) Pro mod or go for the AS SDX
                  Ditto
                  KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                  I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    You won't regret it. My 2010 USA Green Slime with the topmounted Floyd and maple board was to fill that void in my arsenal as well. Never thought I'd be into a maple board, but I really like it. And the non-recessed Floyds are my favs in my lineup...my 87 Model 4, 89 750xl, and the 2010 USA get the most play time.
                    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Model series charvels. I think it's the 2-4 that's the floyded strats. I get confused w all the numbers and letters.

Comment

Working...
                      X