R vs Tm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R vs Tm

*if its been answered already: i did do a search and didn't see results. mainly because r and tm add too many possible results*

What's the difference between Jackson r and Jackson tm?
    I have ONE that is different then the others. Even the cases, the one that came with the oddball is the oddball of cases.

And speaking of cases....
    this one I didn't search here or google
    What is the significance of the different stlye of cases?

maybe Jackson used TM while their application was pending?
    Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

The R and TM are both used to put people on notice of a mark you are claiming, the TM can be used at any time without filing any paperwork to give others notice of your claiming the mark.

You can only use the R if you have registered it on the federal patent office level.

Like the other guy said, it may have been prior to or during the registration process or for some other reason.
      Jackson KV2
      Jackson KE1T
      Jackson KE1F
      Jackson SL1

Comment

TM= Pre 86...I think

Comment

The way I understand it the change from TM to R happen around 85-86, though there are few TM's that went beyond 1986.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

My late-87 and its case are a TM.
            And I have various models from 1986-2010. They are all R.

The TM happens to be my favorite. I have been doing some experimenting with the form fitted cases, as to what fits in which. And my TM gives me problems in all of them. Although, so does my Soloist, but that is for different reasons.
            Of course, the fact that it is the one freaking oddball out of the bunch, as well as the standout performer, it makes me wonder what the significance is, even if this is could be one of those mis-labeled end-of-run Charvel models.

So, yes, its a general knowledge question but it also has its personal reasons.

Comment

Yes the TM was used into 86. By august of 86 the R logo was in use. The early logos are the same, but after a yr or so the logo changed slightly and the O and N no longer touch.

Comment

Piano id wager you hit the nail on the head...old charvel hold over.
                Haters gonna hate
                Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                  Piano id wager you hit the nail on the head...old charvel hold over.

In a way, if that were true, i might be pissed. I've been a fan of Jackson for quite a long time. What if i was really a charvel fan for all these years.
                  Its like my entire child hood has all been a lie.

Comment

I have a 3/87 Jackson Strat - headstock says R, but neck plate says TM and San Dimas - I think it was made in Ontario though.

Comment

Sounds like a perfect example of Jackson using the old San Dimas plates after the Ontario move.
                      Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
                      I have a 3/87 Jackson Strat - headstock says R, but neck plate says TM and San Dimas - I think it was made in Ontario though.
                      96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Piano you might should be pissed then lol.
                        Haters gonna hate
                        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Pics or it's an Esteban

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                            the O and N no longer touch.

I have seen the difference in size and style, but never noticed the letters touching or not touching... until now

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                              Pics or it's an Esteban

Its my GID Frankenstein. Do we really need more pictures of it. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X