Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's also weird it has a top mounted trem

Comment

Damn, seems their webdesigners went for a minimal approach (on a minimal budget I guess)
      Though I wasn't totally sold on the 'bloodline' design, it sure had more atmosphere than this
      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Looks very rushed. No link for the apprentice builder, still a reference to Matt Tuck, the same dumb 'sharpest metal shredder' line at the end of both paragraphs on Shannon. Beta testing web stuff...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I'd be tempted to remove the JE circuit (assuming that's what it is) and swap the EMG's for Duncans Any idea where these 30th anniversary Soloists are made?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

In the Custom Shop by Mike Shannon

Comment

Charvel has come out with Soloist as part of their Desolation line.

Comment

Not new. That happened quite a while back. Maybe a year or two ago, when they rolled out the Desolation lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  Not new. That happened quite a while back. Maybe a year or two ago, when they rolled out the Desolation lineup.
                  I don't remember a Soloist or the Star.

Comment

Again, not new. They've both been around for a while.

A couple of new finishes being offered, but otherwise nothing new for those models.

Comment

Awful website. It really makes them look like a second-rate company.
                      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                        The Soloist is killer. No slime green on that though? :think:
                        They went with the original four colors that were "standard" in the San Dimas era: black, white, Ferrari red and metallic pink. Things like slime green were custom additions and upcharges in that era. This is one reason that most San Dimas Soloists you see are in those four finishes. The stores that ordered them for inventory weren't going to spring for more expensive finishes.

The knob placement and layout kind of bothers me, too. They got it right on the Shannon Soloists in 1998. I don't know why they would go with an Ontario-style active electronics layout on these guitars. The San Dimas-era knob placement was always the best one for being both accessible and yet not in the way.
                        Last edited by pro-fusion; 01-31-2014, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Well, they certainly need some recoding for mobile viewing,
                          since the pages keep resetting to certain positions, making it damn
                          difficult to read something
                          "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                          X