charvels and vintage fuzz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvels and vintage fuzz

Before I was into Charvels i was mostly a Gibson/vintage amp/vintage fuzz guy. I never phatomed trying my Charvels with my fuzz. Last night i tried my 1978 Op Amp Big Muff with my Model 6.......holy shit!!! Sounded perfect. I annot believe how good it sounded. Sounded better than my Les Paul. Anyone else rock the Charvs with fuzz?

Nope, not me. I like the sound of fuzz but never found one that felt right to me when I played through. I could probably get something working in my Axe FX but never had a need for it.

Comment

I play buzzed a lot. lol
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
        Nope, not me. I like the sound of fuzz but never found one that felt right to me when I played through. I could probably get something working in my Axe FX but never had a need for it.
        I've got a tune that I've written that calls for some Smashing Pumpkins style fuzz. I've seen those fuzz boxes in my Axe FX II but haven't messed with them yet. I should be dipping into fuzz territory shortly. I wouldn't call it "vintage fuzz" though, maybe "ultra modern emulated vintage fuzz".

Comment

The very muff i was using is the Corgan muff! Its all about the Op Amp version with a distortion +

Comment

Originally posted by GrimRiffer View Post
            The very muff i was using is the Corgan muff! Its all about the Op Amp version with a distortion +
            Oh yeah? I love that dude's tone.

Comment

haven't tried it with Charvels but have with a Jackson. Not all fuzzes like a high output pickup. But the MI Audio GI Fuzz does. It sounds great with modern buckers or trad single coils. Awesome fun fooling with the bias knob too, to get that sputtering decay
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
              X