JS with maple boards now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS with maple boards now?

This has been posted on Sevenstring & got me way too excited.

I gotta have one if it's true..................

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_js3..._dinky_blk.htm

That is pretty sweet looking.
    This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

The black fins on a blonde neck never quite looked right to me, but to each his own. Variety is a good thing.
      Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Looks nice. Anxious to see more!!
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Originally posted by artonsafari View Post
          The black fins on a blonde neck never quite looked right to me, but to each his own. Variety is a good thing.
          You know what would look killer? Red tortoise shell sharkies with some form of reddish body.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Matching fins to body color may be kind of cool.
            Any way you could possibly put more shit into your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by artonsafari View Post
              I used to think the same thing, but then I got a DK2M for a lowball price, and
              love the guitar, both for playability/sound, and now I even like the way it looks.
              Mine's got a white body, so that helps, I think...

Comment

Funny that the low ends are getting sharfins, but the DK2's with maple boards have to settle for dots
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

^^Not even centered either. ^^
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Always love to see more maple in the range. I've never really liked a black headstock with a maple fretboard though.

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    Funny that the low ends are getting sharfins, but the DK2's with maple boards have to settle for dots
                    I would prefer the sharkies on those, but I don't mind the offset dots. Felt like a cool callback to some of their past models like the Dinky Reverse.

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
                    ^^Not even centered either. ^^
                    I'm much happier that they're not centred. Unless it's on a Fender, centred dots just shout "cheap" to me. While the offset ones remind me of some of Jackson's old models.
                    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Maple head would look better. Hope the inlays don't pop out like they did on the white one a few years ago. This shot was taken in an Australian nation wide music store too! Obviously, they cared about the instruments!!!!! They went bust a couple of months later!

Last edited by shramiac; 01-21-2014, 01:19 AM.
                      www.vvforums.com

Comment

Sadly they won't do the maple head, too close to the old DK2M.

I think the JS has white binding which is very disappointing. Mind you, not keen on black binding on a black hs either, no binding would be preferable here.

I still want one though

Comment

Working...
                        X