Holoflake RR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holoflake RR?

Was there ever a holoflake RR other than from the custom shop? If so what years were they made? What price range do you guys/gals think is reasonable?

P.S.- I blame all of you for making me want this!
    In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

I owned one a while they have a major habit of delamming in places. I sold it a few years back it came from the same run that the soloists were in so sometime in the mid 90s i think.
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

there were RR and DK sisters to my (former) holoflake soloist. it was in the '04 or '05 catalog. I got my soloist in early '05. there was 1 made of each, an RR, a DK-1, and an SL-1. there was NO issue with the finish on the holoflake I owned. ward has it now. what ever happened to the RR and DK, I have no idea.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I was waiting for you to comment, markD. I thought I remembered you saying they made a Rhoads & a Dinky with our soloist, but I didn't want to speak up & have my memory be faulty.

Whatever issue they had with the finish on early ones (early 90s), I think they figured it out. Finish is still flawless on mine, no delam at all.

Spent about an hour playing it this morning
        Last edited by Ward; 12-27-2013, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Mark I didnt realize these were later models. I thought the only run was the 90s run. And yes the early ones DEFINITELY delammed badly like the 05 reissue charvel headstocks. Im glad the later ones had it sorted as its one of the absolute baddest to the bone finishes IMO....makes me think one of my star bodies should go that route....hmmm
          Haters gonna hate
          Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I think its hit or miss with that kind of thing because Kramer had the same reviews:
            falling apart while still on the showroom floor, or
            flawless after 20 years.

Comment

This finish was available to order on any USA Select Jackson, only for a year or two though. Sometime early-to-mid 2000s, IIRC. Didn't see very many of them, though.

Comment

That finish must look great on a Rhoads. I have a 1990 Soloist with that'll finish, but it's pretty mint (looks new, no issues).

Comment

Working...
                X