Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Remember the Rhoads Limited Run....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Remember the Rhoads Limited Run....??

Anybody remember the Rhoads limited run....w/fat necks like the original Rhoads guitars?? IIRC they were black & gold/brass....Gotoh tune-o-matics like the RR1Ts (not like the originals or the JCF-01s) ....anybody remember which dealer did these?? They were listed on ebay for awhile but can't find 'em now!!

Thanx in advance!!

Were those the semi-recent Shannon runs? Within the past 5 years or so....? So far, all I'm finding was that it was through Musician's Friend.

http://www.chorder.com/electric-guit...onsigned-2478/
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That is them....THANX Sully!!

& had to laugh @ this from their description: "Construction-wise, this one comes with six strings" .... !!

Comment

Shouldn't the overall rating be an average of the other ratings?

Comment

Well....I did remember the guitar & specs correctly....but not the asking price....yikes!!

Comment

Chuck, IIRC there were two versions. The Shannon-signed limited run (pricey) and unsigned (not so pricey).

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              Chuck, IIRC there were two versions. The Shannon-signed limited run (pricey) and unsigned (not so pricey).
              I have one of the unsigned. I was a little hesitant when I heard it was a thick neck but it turns out that "thick" to them means "perfect" to me

Comment

I have one of the Shannon built/signed ones...plays amazing and very light...

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Was there any difference between the two other than the signature? Did they pay any other extra attention? I seem to remember that the signature was a significant up charge. I wish I had one of the signed ones though. It would go well with the Shannon soloist.

Comment

pjg or daisp (or anybody that has had both) have either of you had a JCF-01 too & could compare the necks (same size/profile) ??

Thanx in advance!!

Comment

I've played a JCF-01, it may have been slightly beefier. The guitar was heavier than this one too..pretty similar otherwise I guess

Comment

I have never picked up a JCF but I remember someone describing it as being a baseball bat. This isn't even close to a baseball bat. ( to me) if a JCF is only slightly beefier it might up my interest in one. The baseball bat description scared me off

Comment

That's what I was hoping to hear....thanx again!!

Comment

Originally posted by pjg View Post
                            I have never picked up a JCF but I remember someone describing it as being a baseball bat. This isn't even close to a baseball bat. ( to me) if a JCF is only slightly beefier it might up my interest in one. The baseball bat description scared me off
                            I wouldn't let that description scare you off. My JCF-01 Rhoads have a "Baseball Bat" neck yet is extremely comfortable to play.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Agreed. I owned the JCF-01 that is at Music Zoo now... Its a huge baseball bat neck but very comfortable to play
                              http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Working...
                              X