No announcement yet.

Can you help me ID this Jackson pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you help me ID this Jackson pickup?

Ok, it is an all black double humbucker and it does not say the name jackson on it. It has the traditional exposed bobbins, but neither bobbin has the adjustable pole pieces. They both have the regular ones that are not adjustable. It has the 4 wire lead and on the backside of the pickup it has the Jackson logo in script lettering.

What model could this pickup be? Is it a decent pickup? I haven't tried it, but i bought it for $20 bucks and I am hopeful.

Any help would be appreciated.
    thanks

Re: Can you help me ID this Jackson pickup?

Is there some sort of glue residue on top? Sounds like it used to have a plastic cover on it, as my recently-uncovered (by me) J-50B has two rows of solid poles, though they had several models with covers.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: Can you help me ID this Jackson pickup?

Yeah Newc's correct there, I have 2 J80C's that have both rows of solid poles also. I don't know any way your really going to find out what it is unless you do a "resistance" check on it and then reference it to a catalog that has the specs, but even then the pickup could be damaged and you may not get the proper reading. Try it out, if you like it, you got a great deal for a $20 dollar pickup. If not, stick it in a parts been for a future project [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Working...
      X