No announcement yet.

Grover as owner of jackson guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I'm Bret. I'm a Charvel collector. It's been 3 years since my last Charvel purchase.

Who are the pre-pro guys? Just curious. There is absolutely a collectors market for honest to goodness Charvels. The great irony is there is a collectors market for quality fakes. What do original strathead late 90's/early 2000's GMW clone Charvel guitars go for these days? A lot! The over saturated zaniness is gone but that does not mean there are not collectors who enjoy the history, brand, and stories behind the guitars and players who used them. As long as those people exist (I like to think I am one) there will always be interest in the brand. In my opinion nothing happened with all the fake Charvel stuff going on that has not impacted any other collectible kind of guitar. We were able to experience the mess because such a high percentage of the collector community was all one big gang so we got to see the good, bad, and ugly happen on this board and a couple others. Other brands of guitars don't have the same centralized community we do. We're smaller, more niche, and a tighter community so it makes sense it worked out that way. Some people here predate any of the Internet, email, boards and remember the days of phones, faxes, Vintage Guitar magazine (print) ads, the Recycler, "The Want Ad Book," etc. etc. The Internet just made the explosion and subsequent implosion occur more rapidly and for all peanut gallery observers to witness and comment upon. I think it's different when you're in the middle of the storm experiencing it. It's all about perspective.

I am a collector and I am very happy that the craze is over and we've settled into a nice cadence again where we can at least try to get back to an age of innocence. That may not be possible given all that's transpired. Then again, now that the collectors market has been washed and rinsed perhaps we can.

Personally, I enjoy the peace and quiet.

Bret
    www.sandimascharvel.com

Comment

Working...
    X