Carvin Floyd Rose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Floyd Rose

Whats the deal with the Floyd Rose bridges Carvin sells, ie: where their made, quality and so on? Their not actual Floyd Rose tremolos are they?

Re: Carvin Floyd Rose

Yes, they're real Floyds.

Comment

Yep, they're the real deal. I bought two of them back around '95. I had my local guitar shop tell me they were fake because Fender had acquired the rights to Floyd. But they are real and say made in West Germany on them, with the patent number. Also, they're the short block for recessed bodies. So if you want it for a non-recessed body, you'll need to put the longer block on it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, if I end up getting one it will be to replace a JT580LP in a DK2, so it should work out fine.

Comment

That's the same one I got to replace the trem in my DK-2 HRF. Works just fine [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Make sure you replace the nut and springs AND the pivot posts.

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Why would I need to replace the nut? Its hard getting a lock nut too fit a Jackson neck.

Comment

The one Floyd I got went on an old wood-screw post Kramer, and the other went on a Yamaha RGZ (Ibanez RG copy) and I just used the old nuts and posts without a problem. Though, the Floyds did come with the new posts and string retainer bars, they've just been sitting around collecting dust.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I was not satisfied with the JT580's nut - it felt soft (but not hairy [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Newc

[ September 14, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't have the original nut on it anyway, so it should be OK.

Comment

Working...
                  X