Surfcaster Oddity: 12-string Jackson in Metallic Violet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfcaster Oddity: 12-string Jackson in Metallic Violet

Here's one for the eyes & dreams of the discriminating Surfcaster lovers out there:

(I'm pretty sure it's just me at this point, but if you wanna join my club I'll consider it)

Jackson branded, 12-string Surfcaster in Dark Metallic Violet finish- serial number (9629717) indicates 1996 date-of-birth.

Duncan Designed humbucker is a bit of an oddity- no record of any 12-string equipped with one at the factory, although later 6-strings had them.

Whatcha think- factory or aftermarket mod?

Date, color, and the humbucker make me think that this was put together from leftover parts from Charvel's demise. Thoughts?
    I will sacrifice Gracie Law to appease my emperor and live out my earthly pleasures with Miao Yin!

7-digit serial would not be 1996. Possibly 97 or 98.

If it's a bolt-on, the date should be in the pocket or heel.

Humbucker coulda been swapped at any time.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Beautiful!

Could be the angle of the photo, but don't sharkies usually have more curvature ?

Comment

Could be as late as 1999. I saw a Kelly once stamped 99/1/22 with serial# 9628901.
        96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
        X