Jackson (Gotoh) Tuners Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson (Gotoh) Tuners Question

Are the tuners on low and mid priced Jacksons the same level of quality as used on USA models?
    96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

All I know is that there are various Jackson marked tuners, some are Gotoh some aren't. When I was looking for replacement ones, I differentiated them by looking at the neck of the tuner by the tuning peg. There are at least 4 different variations...
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

In my experience there is a slight variation to the button shape between new Jackson branded Gotoh's and the vintage Jackson branded Gotoh's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudlark View Post
        Are the tuners on low and mid priced Jacksons the same level of quality as used on USA models?
        I doubt it. Look at any guitar company that has USA models and Imports. Most of the time the imports get a lower quality hardware. I.E. Licensed Floyd instead of an Original. Fender highway one strats are essentially American made and they have cheap tuning machines made in China by a company called "Ping" and they're garbage.
        This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Most are quite similar in design which led me to believe they were all Gotoh but possibly different levels of quality.
          96xxxxx, 97xxxxx and 98xxxxx serials oftentimes don't indicate '96, '97 and '98.

Comment

Working...
          X