Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea where I can get a Jackson J80 bridge pickup or equivalent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea where I can get a Jackson J80 bridge pickup or equivalent?

I'm after another Jackson J-80 (NOT the ceramic version J-80C). This has just become my fave pickup after I picked one up from my friends '88 Dinky. It absolutely slays!

Are there any modern equivalents? Does Grover still make something similar?

Any help much appreciated.

tim

Swapping a magnet in a pickup is pretty simple and might be your best bet. The specs are pretty close to a duncan custom 5 but I have never compared them.

Comment

I have one I just took back out of my Rhoads. Don't want to let it go though. It's going in my King V. Love it too much. Wish I had put it in a guitar sooner.
      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Tease! lol
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

The J-80 is supposed to be 13k, I've had some that were higher. When I wound pickups at Dean, I made a few at those specs or around 13.5k and they were pretty much there. I like the Seymour Duncan Custom and Custom 5, the 5 being about the closest to a J-80 rated at 14.1k with the A-5 mag.

Comment

A Gibson 498T matches those specs. About 13.5K with an Alnico 5.

Comment

Thanks guys. If anyone ever wants to sell one I'm your man. I'll pay!!!!!

Comment

Apparently the Bareknuckle Emerald is very similar in spec as well.

Comment

I have a J90c that I want to do a mag swap with.
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

My j-80 is 13.3k sounds killer just want to put it in something I play more than my Rhoads. Besides I put a set of Blackouts in it that sounds bad ass. It's funny I tried to sell it last year and I has someone who basically asked a million questions and then didn't buy it. Probably still have the PMs lol
                    It's pronounced soops

Comment

If you want to sell it let me know.

Comment

Working...
                      X