Questions about '87 model 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about '87 model 6

Has anyone seen the black model 6 on ebay? Or dealt with AxeDealers from Dallas, Tx? I am wanting to trade my mint '90 Fusion Custom and some cash for the '87 Model 6. Any and all input is welcomed and appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-CHARVEL...item232a5d9024

Comment

Thats the one. Whats a good price for a model 6 with case?

Comment

Around $600 dollars seems to be the common wisdom.
        My other signature says something funny

Comment

Originally posted by outlawten5 View Post
          Or dealt with AxeDealers from Dallas, Tx?
          Assdealers? Because they take it out of your ass?

Comment

The asking price on that auction is comically high. You'd come close to getting an equivalent '87 USA Soloist for that price.

It does look to be in good shape, though.

Comment

He wanted $700us and my fusion custom. Granted my custom doesn't have the original blade 200r pups

Comment

He wanted $700us and my fusion custom. Granted my custom doesn't have the original blade 200r pups
                “But does it help with the blues rock chatter?"-Hellbat

Comment

I'd do an even trade. No way $700 plus your guitar!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I agree. I really want an older J/C neck thru for my collection. Just have to be patient I guess. Thanks everyone for your input.

Comment

Put a bounty on one in the classifieds.

Comment

There's a Soloist Pro at Guitar Center in Arlington for $799 and it's mint. That ebony board is really nice too. I have to stay out of the used section because I want to take home and it's in metallic black. Thats the way I would go. It quite a bit cheaper and you can turn around and sell your Fusion. That price is very high. I got mine for $500.
                        Last edited by 84sups; 04-26-2013, 10:16 PM.
                        It's pronounced soops

Comment

I agree. I really want an older J/C neck thru for my collection. Just have to be patient I guess. Thanks everyone for your input.
                          Be patient, and sell your Fusion rather than trade it. You'll get much better value that way, even if you have to save a little more so that you can buy a Model 6 outright before selling the Fusion.

Also, don't overlook the Model 5. The lack of sharkies and binding means they don't command quite the same prices, but they're just as good a guitar--maybe better because they have dual humbuckers.

Comment

I actually prefer dual humbuckers. Thats the only reason I considered trading my fusion custom. The middle pup gets in the way of my picking.

Comment

Then why are you looking at a M6? An M5 or M5fx would be the way to go. You can also lower the middle pickup to get it out of the way.
                              Last edited by 84sups; 04-27-2013, 06:59 PM.
                              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                              X