Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are all of the San Dimas Pro Mods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are all of the San Dimas Pro Mods.

I've been watching Ebay lately for a San body and all there is in my price range is a blue one that I'm not attracted too. Did they get rare all of a sudden? :think: Not big on pick guards or I'd just get a SoCal. Wondering if I'm gonna have to go that route. Any ideas where else to look guys? BTW I have a Mighty Mite neck that I got from John Lawson on here it says lisc by Fender on it so I'm assuming it belongs to a SC or SD. It came with a Model 4 body and the strings where a long way from the body similar to a tune-o. Please help or at least leave a little sarcasm lol. THANKS!!!
    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Originally posted by tomanyjacksons View Post
    or at least leave a little sarcasm lol. THANKS!!!
    Can do that!
    BTW I have a Mighty Mite neck that I got from John Lawson on here it says lisc by Fender on it so I'm assuming it belongs to a SC or SD.
    Please explain this. You think Mighty Mite has been making ProMod necks???

FWIW I've posted a thread where I built my ProMod from parts, and it wasn't cheap. I bought all the best parts (MIG Floyd, big block, etc) and it cost $750 and I still need a case.

Comment

Sorry no advice but your sig had me lmao... thanx
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

I sold mine a few months ago. Bought two pretty nice guitars for what I got for the SD. So I was happy. Will probably pick another one up eventually (LOVE these guitars!)

I'm wondering if everyone is hanging on to theirs since Charvel is reissuing the SD and So Cal lines very soon. We're all curious as to how the Mexican made axes compare with the MIJ and MIA versions.

There was a guy on the Gear Page that had a white SD for sale for weeks. Super Distortions, chrome hardware, very nice. Last I knew he had dropped the price below $600 shipped. But I can't find the thread now, so he must have sold it. If I had some extra $$$, I would have picked it up in a heartbeat.

Comment

Here's a few for you:

Seasick green
          http://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/3725091029.html

Candy blue
          http://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/3696981166.html

Loaded So-Cal Green body
          http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/msg/3645282810.html

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Can do that!

Please explain this. You think Mighty Mite has been making ProMod necks???

FWIW I've posted a thread where I built my ProMod from parts, and it wasn't cheap. I bought all the best parts (MIG Floyd, big block, etc) and it cost $750 and I still need a case.
            I have no clue as to it being an actual "SD" neck it has the Fender shaped headstock that someone has labeled up to resemble a custom shop Charvel headstock. I only know that it has Mighty Mite lisc by Fender burned into the underside of the base of the neck. It fit the Model 4 guitar fairly well except for the strings and the trem being adjusted a long was away from the body. I'll check out your threads also. Thanks.
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I have no clue as to it being an actual "SD" neck it has the Fender shaped headstock that someone has labeled up to resemble a custom shop Charvel headstock. I only know that it has Mighty Mite lisc by Fender burned into the underside of the base of the neck. It fit the Model 4 guitar fairly well except for the strings and the trem being adjusted a long was away from the body. I'll check out your threads also. Thanks.
              It has that Lisc By Fender on it because they are using the Strat headstock. Same way Jackson has that sticker on theirs.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

I guess the only thing I need to do is get a body that fits it a lot better than a Model series body does. The neck needs a bit of work, nothing major. Just want to put it to good use. Thanks guys. Oh and Don, I don't think I found the threads you spoke of. :think:

Comment

Maybe the strings are supposed to be far up off the body. The strings on both my SD pro mods sit 1/2" up off of the body, because both guitars have non-recessed tremelos.

A neck can be shimmed to adjust its angle relative to the surface of the body if need be.

I would imagine your neck is made by Mighty Mite with a fake Charvel decal.

Comment

Originally posted by Grawnday View Post
                    Maybe the strings are supposed to be far up off the body. The strings on both my SD pro mods sit 1/2" up off of the body, because both guitars have non-recessed tremelos.

A neck can be shimmed to adjust its angle relative to the surface of the body if need be.

I would imagine your neck is made by Mighty Mite with a fake Charvel decal.
                    Oh def agree.

Comment

I guess the only thing I need to do is get a body that fits it a lot better than a Model series body does. The neck needs a bit of work, nothing major. Just want to put it to good use. Thanks guys. Oh and Don, I don't think I found the threads you spoke of. :think:
                      I can't find it either, but I'm up to $760 without a case. I think it's the shipping cost for each little part that killed the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by jbird5150 View Post
                        There was a guy on the Gear Page that had a white SD for sale for weeks. Super Distortions, chrome hardware, very nice. Last I knew he had dropped the price below $600 shipped. But I can't find the thread now, so he must have sold it. If I had some extra $$$, I would have picked it up in a heartbeat.
                        I saw that too. Great price.

Comment

Thanks Don.

Comment

This might help a little. I kept a sheet on what I spent money on. Looking back I should have tracked the shipping amount for each item.

jack plate $5.00
                            Switch and pot $10.54
                            strap buttons $11.45
                            Floyd Posts $11.99
                            Black Knob $22.00
                            Big Brass Block $28.94
                            Backplates $29.98
                            Neck plate $39.00
                            Tuners $46.99
                            Bridge $100.00 (a black German OFR I already had - estimated value).
                            Pickups $100.00 (a Screamin Demon neck and TB4 with an A2 magnet - estimated value).
                            Body $154.50
                            Neck $206.05 (flamed maple)
                            case (still need to purchase)
                            Total $766.44

When you look at the neck and the body prices I paid, it's like WTF, how did it add up to over $700? It's the little shit that kills you.

Comment

Any luck finding a San Dimas Pro Mod yet? Just saw this white MIJ one on CL for $525 in Phoenix. Thought I would pass it along.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/msg/3763721145.html

Comment

Working...
                              X