Recent USA Jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent USA Jacksons?

After a while of straying away from Jackson, I got one of my old SL2h soloists back and I want more!

I am looking into getting some more recent USA Jacksons, in particular some more Sl2hs and an Sl2h-MAH. Me being very obsessive, I need to ask questions How has the recent quality been on Jacksons USA Selects? I am talking to Rainbow guitars about custom selects as well as a few others, and a few other dealers I have also been talking to, as well as searching Ebay for them used.

The new ones I've played recently have been great. I've owned a ton of Jackson's, and the newest USA and Custom Shop models have been great. Some of the ebony fretboards have been a bit on the brown side, not so jet black, but that is just cosmetic.

Comment

The reason for the fretboards is that Bob Taylor of Taylor guitars who basically runs the world's ebony supply is trying to destroy less forest, thus using all ebony, not just the jet black

This is a good video everyone should watch so they know why their ebony isn't jet black anymore

Comment

I did watch that awhile back. i think he was spot on protecting the supply. it is a very good video.

Comment

Yeah I think I can deal with the brownish ebony, that is not that big of an issue for me.

As long as fretwork and fit and finish is still up to par I am happy.

Comment

My 2008 is pretty sweet. Dang. I just realized typing this I've had my soul-mate guitar for almost 5 years now. ( I do cheat on her now and again though.)
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Excellent video, thanks for posting. And really, if people are so hung up with ebony being all shiny black, just dye it. Kramer, Guild and DBZ have been doing "ebonized" rosewood for years. All they are doing is dying the rosewood black.

Comment

My '11 SL2H is pretty much perfect.

Comment

I'm lovin my SL2HT, it's a recent one, also my CS Soloist plays perfect.Outstanding quality as you would/should expect from Jackson.

Comment

Been playing my 85 soloist a lot so I can't comment on the new ones.
                    From what I have read here they are good.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I wouldnt buy a new one that I couldnt play first if I was planning on keeping it long term. I have had some amazing ones and some that are just bland sounding and tonally dead.
                      Haters gonna hate
                      Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I thought I had an "ebonized" board on my SL2HT but now i understand why I see so much brown in the grain. I am with him on saving the supply. I guess now the pure black boards will be reserved for Custom Shops guitars.
                        I like black and white guitars

Comment

Great video on ebony, I'm totally with him on this. As for the new Jacksons, I think they're great...

Comment

What made you stray from Jackson in the first place? Thanks for the info on the ebony...I was wondering if I somehow got screwed on a BC Rich Stealth I recently bought
                            Hear the universe scream
                            Bleeding from black holes
                            Whom horns careless
                            And whom God mourns

Comment

thanks for sharing...

Comment

Working...
                              X