Fixed bridge / Vintage Trem Charvels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed bridge / Vintage Trem Charvels

I'm new to the Charvel world, but I'm GASsing for a nice fixed bridge guitar. I also like the vintage tremolos, but I don't care for floyds as much. I don't really use trems, so the only benefit of a floyd for me is fine tuners. How hard are Charvels with these bridges to come by and what models usually come / came with them? Also, how much would one of these go for in good condition?

The Charvel Wild Card #6 Dreamsicle is a good option for a mid-level axe. I had one for a week or two but ended up returning it.

Comment

Model 1s have a v-trem and are fairly cheap. For some reaon I'm only thinking of a 750XL for a string thru fixed bridge. You can always block the trem.

Comment

You could also get a 1986 Charvel Model 4 or Model 6 with the Kahler, and replace the bridge with the new Kahler 7300 Hybrid that can be locked down. It's a direct retrofit.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies! The wild card 6 is an awesome looking guitar. I'll have to see if I can get one of those a model 4. From what I've seen, it's really hard to find an 80s Charvel (or even a newer san dimas / so cal styled guitar) with an actual hard tail.
          Last edited by 0 Xero 0; 02-18-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

The Journeyman and the Standard from 2002 had vintage-type trems.
            http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...Charvel_02.jpg

http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...Charvel_03.jpg
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

If you don't plan to use the trem anyway, a Model 4 or 6 with a Kahler is common enough. Don't have to replace the trem with a lockdown model, just don't install the tremolo arm.

As mentioned, the Model 1 variants all come with a vintage trem:

M1 - single hum
              M1A - pickguard, 3 single coils
              M1C - H-S-S

the new Pro Mods due in April include a H-S hardtail Strat
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Sorry, @VitaminG. I wasn't ignoring you, I was simply discounting that model because I thought they only came in a single humbucker configuration. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

My first post in this thread, so I didn't feel ignored

hey, you don't know what you don't know. That's why we're here!

another one came to mind - check out the Model 7
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                  X