Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Soloist SL1 '91 vs Soloist Professional '90 (Which to buy?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Soloist SL1 '91 vs Soloist Professional '90 (Which to buy?)

Hi there, im new to this forum and i will be shortly be purchasing my 1st Jackson but i need some advice on which one of these guitars to get.

First up is a '91 Soloist USA http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1110080437...84.m1423.l2649

This has had a professional respray in Gloss Black, the seller says it was originally Sunset but had faded really badly. Hes described the guitar as Mint with only a little surface rust on trem. I can get this for £650 ($1000)

Next is a Jackson Professional soloist '90 in stunning white http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3008540881...84.m1423.l2649

Iv contacted the seller about this and he's basically said its absolutely mint, its lived in its case most of the time and hes owned it from new. If no one else bidded, i could get this guitar for £500 ($785)

Iv done quite a lot of research on the Professional and im aware theyre up there with the USA models for quality but would it be wise to spend that little extra on the USA, bearing in mind the paint job isnt original, even if it was done professionally. No doubt the Professional is in better condition also but theres something inside me that would like to say i own a proper USA Jackson.

Whats your thoughts on these guys?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers
    Chris

Originally posted by Capachris View Post
    No doubt the Professional is in better condition also but theres something inside me that would like to say i own a proper USA Jackson.
    I've never owned a USA Jackson but I have played on them.

Sure their quality is better... but I'm not ashamed that I only own a Pro.

If the Pro model was not so awesome I would have strayed away from it years ago.

I will never sell my Pro and IMO they're underestimated by many just because they don't say the magic words on the head.

GET THE COLOR YOU LIKE AND DON'T SETTLE!!!
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

Comment

I would go with the pro. I like the white better and it's mint.
      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Though I warn against thinking it's an 'investment', you can still get an SL1 today, JP Pros OTOH,...
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Pro. The refin kills the value of the SL1 even if done right. Pro looks sweet in white.

Comment

cheers for the replies guys, but come on, 54 views and 3 replies, i thought you was all Jackson enthusiasts/experts on here. Cant anyone else help me out

Iv got like a day to decide so any replies welcome

Cheers

Comment

Same shit if you ask me.
              I would personally go with the Pro. But seriously, whichever floats your boat. Can you buy something nice with the extra money saved when buying the Professional? Yes.

Comment

I have an early Stealth Prof Pro and I wouldn't sell it for anything. I love the neck and the quality is top notch. I vote for the white pro too.

Comment

Go for the Pro,awesome quality!

Comment

I don't know much about the specifics of these guitars, so I'm sticking with aesthetics. Definitely the white.

Comment

If the SL1 wasn't refinished i would go for it. It's up to you of course.. On the other the Pro looks fantastic on that colour. If you really want a USA then you have to wait until something good pops up. If i was in your place i would go for this one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jackson-Di...item4ac130bb10
                      Gear

Jackson KV2 Blue Ghost Flames
                      Jackson DK1 Lightning Sky

http://youtu.be/QgffP2mRU5w
                      http://youtu.be/WYEEje1M3hQ
                      http://youtu.be/UfhVSt5LtrI

Comment

I had a Cobalt Blue 1990 Soloist PRO and a Lightning Sky 1993 USA Soloist Custom (that's what the USA "SL1" is actually called until 1994) at the same time for quite a while. I don't have the USA Soloist anymore. There's my answer.. As for why, the USA had a slightly thicker neck, and seemed that the PRO just felt more solid somehow. I couldn't explain it but it just felt better. So, The PRO for me!
                        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

cheers for the replies guys, but come on, 54 views and 3 replies, i thought you was all Jackson enthusiasts/experts on here. Cant anyone else help me out

Iv got like a day to decide so any replies welcome

Cheers

You sound like a banana head... buy the USA so someone cool can appreciate that Pro.
                          sigpic
                          Action Jackson

Comment

but theres something inside me that would like to say i own a proper USA Jackson.

Whats your thoughts on these guys?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers
                            Chris
                            And there is the rub!!

both are excellent guitars , but from that one comment , you need to ask yourself if you can quiet that wee voice in your head that say "nice but not a USA"

£700 for a soloist in the UK is about as cheap as you're gonna get one. yes it has been refinished but that seems reflected in the price, you'd be hard pushed to get a soloist for less than a grand.
                            If the refinish is done well, then I don't really see a problem , these aren't "collector" guitars and aren't going to shoot up in value any time soon!

Comment

get them both
                              Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X