ID Trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID Trem

I have an early 90's Stealth Pro that came with this trem. Catalog says it should be a JT590, but this one doesn't say "Made in Germany" behind the post on the surface like others I have seen. Also, the bushing that the trem bar goes into is threaded on the inside of the barrel - the trem bar is threaded. Is this a 590 or something else?

Positively NOT a 590. I think it's a JT580.

Comment

Not a 580.

It is in fact a JT-500.. cast pot metal POS.
      They work, but very soft metal.
      -Rick

Comment

They must have had some of that pot metal left over from the JT-6's.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

POS is right. Thanks guys!

Comment

The JT500 isn't that bad....there is way worse out there. TRS101 comes to mind anyways. They stay in tune if you don't use the bar a lot. I have a perfect one on my PS4 and wont change it until it goes bad
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

84sups - I rest my hand on the fine tuners a lot and it flexes - a lot. Does yours flex easy? That's been my major gripe, so I thought I'd try a Schaller off ebay. Is the Sups short for Supra - as in Toyota? I have a mint 82 that was my first car, covered up and sitting in my garage for the past 15 years. I love the body style.

Comment

LOL! Totally forgot about the JT-500. Those brain cells were washed away

Comment

AIC That was the one I put together but it sure didnt leave here with that trem
                  Haters gonna hate
                  Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

CM - I think I bought it from the guy you sold it too. He probably snagged the 590. No worries, I just found one on the bay. I love the guitar though - my first Jackson, now I have six more! Slightly addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by AIC70 View Post
                      84sups - I rest my hand on the fine tuners a lot and it flexes - a lot. Does yours flex easy? That's been my major gripe, so I thought I'd try a Schaller off ebay. Is the Sups short for Supra - as in Toyota? I have a mint 82 that was my first car, covered up and sitting in my garage for the past 15 years. I love the body style.
                      My daily driver is an 84 p-type

My trem doesn't flex and stays in tune and I just don't feel like messing with it at all.
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                      X