Nice to stroll around again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice to stroll around again

Been a while since I've been here. See a lot of familiar names. Of course, Superfly and I always spend a weekend on the Jersey Shore each year. Being on the Jersey Shore, my Charvel 6's, both of them went swimming, since Sandy invaded my house. Trying to refurbish them. One has a crack in the body, but don't look like it'll hurt it. the other just has rusty parts. Is Dave still around (Budman). May need some parts. Gotta get new strings too, but I can't remember what I used. I thing Markley .9's, but if there are any suggestions on trying another brand, I'll give it a try. I'm starting new in everything in the house, might as well be sound.... Good to see everyone again
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Hey, Don, welcome back! Sorry to hear about your house. I'm still in here Jersey, didn't have any problems at my place, but things are messy about a mile down the road for a lot of people. Budman68 is still around, but doesn't post much. I think he actually posted in one of the NAMM threads a couple days ago. You can reach him at www.fretsonthenet.com
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

welcome back, Don! Sorry to hear about your home
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Toejam/VitaminG, how you guys doing. We're ok, actually living up near you Joe, in Aberdeen/Matawan. i should be back in my home by April. I'm one of the lucky ones whose house didn't get blown off the foundation. I got away from the guitar for a couple of years, but getting remotivated. Seeing the Charvels in that condition, hurt though....... Other than that. I'll shoot Dave a msg once I figure out what i need.

Comment

Cool. You're not that far from me at all. Good luck getting the guitars sorted out.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

What????

Welcome back Don. Good look with the Charvies.
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Hey
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome back! Extremely sorry to hear about your house and Charvel's. Hope everything is ok, and the repairs go smooth. That should be enough motivation to play again!

Comment

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your damages, I know a couple car guys on another forum in your area that lost almost everthing too. Friggin horrible man, we got lucky around my way being so far inland, we barely even had heavy winds.

Ive got a lot of parts, if you need anything and cant get ahold of budman, let me know! Hell, if you feel like making your way up to this area, Id be more than happy to give your guitars a good going through!
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Thanks again. Great to see everyone. Racerx, I saw a pic of you and Tommy at the NAMM. You see Tommy say hi. Last time I was out Huntington way, Tommy and I went to an Angels-Yankee game. He loves his Yankees. RobRR, thanks. I'll sort out my guitar and do them one by one. All in all, 11 of my guitars were submerged. Some are too far gone. I think I can save both Charvels, my G&L and my Danelectro double neck. I more worried about the necks warping. If I run into a problem, I'll give you a call. Thanks again.

Comment

My family has a house in Lavallette, so I know how f-ed up things got down there. Glad to hear you have plans to resurrect the Charvels!

Comment

Yeah, Lavallette got blasted. I was there last weekend and its surreal seeing these huge house laying on a 45 degree angle and all those bungaloes swept outinto the street or burned.

Comment

Working...
                        X