Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Rhodes identification help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Rhodes identification help please!

Hey guys, I think I've just found a bargain guitar for sale, but unfortunately it's long distance and the seller knows very little about the instrument... so far I haven't managed to get a serial number or details of construction, but have a couple of pictures that may help...

Looking at the binding on the headstock and neck, the text to the right of the Jackson logo, the Jackson pups and, what appears to be an ebony fingerboard, I'm thinking this is a late 80's / early 90's RR1T, but I could be totally wrong.

Any thoughts? I'm waiting to get more photos and serial number details from the seller.

If something looks too good to be true, it usually is....

Definitely not an RR1T. RR1T would have a TOM, not a Floyd. Also, if it's late 80s/early 90s, they didn't use the RR1(T) name until a few years later. I can't tell, but it looks like it says Professional next to the Jackson logo, if so, it would be an early 90s Rhoads PRO if it has MOP logo, neck thru, ebony, etc.

If it does say MADE IN USA, well then it would be a Rhoads Custom (I guess?).

Comment

Interesting stuff Codex, ok that's the RR1T ruled out. I'm only guessing at late 80s / early 90s from the pups? Didn't they get replaced with Seymour Duncans at some stage in the model's history? Of course, if I'm out on that too, then could be any year at all!

If it were a Pro, the blank truss-rod cover would then date it pre-92 wouldn't it? It's kinda hard to determine if it's neck-thru from the pics, but was the neck bound on the non neck-thru models? I'm not wildly familiar with the RR (as you can tell!) but the later MIJ ones are all unbound on their necks aren't they?

The seller is looking under $150 including a case... has alarm bells ringing all over my head but if it's either of those models you describe, that's more than a bargain...

Comment

It's Rhoads! Not Rhodes...
        Better get that fixed before Ron arrives...

Agree with Codex, could be an RR1, Pro or Custom, but it's hard for me to tell without detailled shots.
        At least I don't know of any bound bolt ons of that era, but it could always be a parts-mutt as well.
        Whatever it is, 150$ is a good price over here, and in the UK as well AFAIK.
        I'd ask for more pictures at least, could be a great deal!
        tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Rhoads Rhoads Rhoads Rhoads

I know I know I know I miss-typed and Edit doesn't let me change the title! Hide me somewhere, please!

I'm hoping a few more pics come across tonight, and trying to find someone in the area to handle the transaction...

Will post more details as they come in.

Comment

<$150 is a complete steal - hell, just the case would be worth almost that much. Looks like a Rhoads Custom, did those have the JT-6 bridge? See if you can get a serial number from the seller.

Some of the later Pro Series RR3s did have bound necks and fretboards, but they had rosewood fretboards. This one looks like ebony and plus it looks like a neckthrough to me (notice the headstock area in the second pic).
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

JUST BUY IT - and worry about the details after....if you don't someone else will...
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                JUST BUY IT - and worry about the details after....if you don't someone else will...
                Yeah, I'd sorted out collection for it, but no replies since this morning and he's pulled the damned advert. So either he's sussed out it's got value, or he's packing it up ready for me to collect. Hah! Somehow I think it's more likely to be the former

Comment

Originally posted by Jem View Post
                  Yeah, I'd sorted out collection for it, but no replies since this morning and he's pulled the damned advert. So either he's sussed out it's got value, or he's packing it up ready for me to collect. Hah! Somehow I think it's more likely to be the former
                  SUCKS BALLS THEN !! lol sorry dude...good luck
                  -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Looks like a JT590 to me, which would mean pro. $150 is highway robbery whichever it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jem View Post
                      Rhodes

FUCK YOUUUUUUU!

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                        Looks like a JT590 to me, which would mean pro. $150 is highway robbery whichever it is.
                        It says Made In USA on the headstock, though.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          It says Made In USA on the headstock, though.
                          I couldn't make it out- my first impression was it was too small for professional but most seemed to see pro. Figured they have better eyes.

Barrels looked short to me....bad eyes again. Maybe my dick is bigger than I think it is too!

Or not.

Comment

It does look like a JT-590 Schaller on it. Didn't early USA models use Schallers after the JT-6?
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The first requirement to join this forum should be "How do you spell Rhoads?"

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                              FUCK YOUUUUUUU!

Comment

Working...
                              X